Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 05-01-2019, 05:30 PM   #41
heruca

Default Re: TFT on Virtual Tabletops

The mapping system, while I'm glad they finally added one, seems like a real chore to use. And the final result doesn't look very good, IMO.

Battlegrounds: RPG Edition is virtual tabletop software that allows you to play any RPG online or offline. It's very easy to use and feature-rich.
heruca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:28 AM   #42
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippetsTX View Post
Just saw this myself. Why no official support for GURPS or TFT I wonder?
I'm guessing a combination of factors, including (1) game popularity, (2) negotiation with the rights holders, and (3) ease of implementation. I would think GURPS qualifies on all of those, though there may also be a fee that game producers have to pay to have their game included. If so, that may be a significant factor as well. And SJ Games has a reputation for protecting the quality of the products associated with their games, so it's possible this one just doesn't measure up yet.
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #43
Carnifex

For anyone adding my character sheet to Roll20 manually, I have rewritten much of the HTML code using more modern CSS tags, it still looks the same, but hopefully make it easier to maintain. I am hoping it gets added next week. Please if anyone has feedback, let me know and I will see what I can do over the weekend.

https://github.com/cjstoddard/roll20...Fantasy%20Trip
Carnifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:49 PM   #44
GhengisRexx

My group used it for session zero. I added a couple fields. Armor, shield, Xp and stat totals. I also set up macros with two of the drop down APIs so I can deliver xp with a chat message and a ding ! to a gm sheet with an xp tracker. None of those things would have happed without your sheet. Thanks again!
GhengisRexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:31 AM   #45
Carnifex

My sheet has been excepted and is now available in Roll20 proper, so you no longer need a paid account to use the character sheet.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:35 PM   #46
ParadoxGames

There is an ongoing TFT adventure being played in the TFT Discord server (see signature for link). There was a second simultaneous game of Death Test going on, too, which ended a while ago. The server has dice bots so rolling is fair.

One cool thing about playing TFT, especially tactical battles, in a Play by post manner, is that each player can set up their TFT boards and counters and have an identical set up and play against/with each other even if separated by a great distance... it reminds me of an efficient version of the good old days where technology only allowed play-by-mail in this kind of situation.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:55 PM   #47
malchidael

I really need to investigate Discord.

I still have a copy of CyberBoard installed, with Ty Beard's gameboxes from back in the day. That was my first introduction to play-by-email tactical games (although, I didn't do much of it at the time).
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #48
malchidael

I'm bringing this post back from the dead because I have a question for SJG - If one were to try to run TFT using Roll20 or other Virtual TableTop engines, are there any legal ways to use the official TFT tokens?

There are millions of tokens out there, but it would be nice to use the official ones, and my reading of the online usage policy for SJG doesn't seem to give permission for this.
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:00 PM   #49
Carnifex

Quote:
Originally Posted by malchidael View Post
I'm bringing this post back from the dead because I have a question for SJG - If one were to try to run TFT using Roll20 or other Virtual TableTop engines, are there any legal ways to use the official TFT tokens?

There are millions of tokens out there, but it would be nice to use the official ones, and my reading of the online usage policy for SJG doesn't seem to give permission for this.
I am not a lawyer, but I would think as long as you are not sharing them with anyone outside of your game, it would be okay to convert the tokens from the legally owned PDF's to jpeg or png and upload them to Roll20. Since images uploaded to your library in Roll20 are only accessible by you, I think this would fall under personal use.