Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 03:16 PM   #371
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Cars Wars 6E - What We Know - 1st Post will be updated over time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Goodwin View Post
Phil, I don't know what's planned for the vehicle cards, but might there be a sheet made available with clear plastic pockets to hold the cards in their specific configuration?
No, because positioning of cards around the dashboard matters. A binder sheet would be fine for storage, but it wouldn't work for gameplay.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:03 PM   #372
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
[nod] I copied the car and bike sheets onto graph paper, so I could have "expendable" copies. Need to find the _WD_ stuff someday....

Somehow I get the impression doing this for _CW6_ will be *much* more difficult (he said, swinging this back on-topic with all the subtlety of a drifting competition :) ).
I'm sure any inspiration that's been provided will be appreciated & taken as such .
Sir Nigel Gresley innovated by taking best of American , European & British locomotives , improved upon them & produced the Classic 'world beating' A1 , A3 & A4 Engines . Expect the new game to take new spins as such & update with ideas from a number of possible sources . Alls good if players are wowed & gameplay is very userfriendly .
( sorry rambling a bit ... ridiculously tired . )
Old 03-20-2019, 04:04 PM   #373
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Let me elaborate a bit.

[snip]

I'm really looking forward to seeing people's reactions at FnordCon.
You're not doing a very good job of talking me into trying the new Munchkin stuff instead. ;) Being cheeky aside, I'm really looking forward to having a reaction at FnordCon for you to see...the anticipation over next two weeks is going to be agonizing.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the conversation. Cleared up some places I was working from outdated info (old teasers that have since been obsoleted, and/or stuff that isn't planned for the core product), and planted the seeds of how I'm going to work it into my convention schedule.

As Phil's "Hey, hey, whoa, cool your tailpipes" shows, how you described your first time with it leaves me really buoyed about my first convention after release...left hopeful that when I hit my local circuit with it there won't be as many cold feet. I love the idea behind Car Wars enough to put into it everything that I've put into it, but can't deny that simulation-heavy gaming is way more niche than it used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
I've never seen identical builds from players working from the basic deck in the core game.
Encouraging stuff. In the context of 'prizes on the line' my concern is entirely "I don't want to end up in a situation where two players are fighting over which gets the deck with flamethrowers in it and which gets stuck with the deck that has paint sprayers in it". That's a situation where nobody enjoys their time at the table, and people who don't enjoy their time at the table are unlikely to buy copies for at home.

From what I've been able to glean from conversation with Andrew, that worry came from outdated info, stuff that is limited to expansion packs, or some combination of the two...so no worries there. At this point I can rest assured that if all else fails, I can do "core set only" competitions and it's a total non-issue.

Quote:
Also: Let's idle before we race. When you start stressing over tournaments and "but what if?" before even playing the game, you'll generate false impressions that have no impact on the actual game. And after playing the game, forming "hows abouts?" isn't productive until there's enough demand for the game to justify more than we have in the works.
Fair. Can't deny that overthinking things is what I do best.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
Old 03-20-2019, 04:11 PM   #374
philreed
I do stuff and things.

There are cards limited to specific minis packs, yes. The core game does not include every design option. Anything we have said that suggests the core game includes every option was a mistake on our part.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:53 PM   #375
TheAmishStig

Quote:
There are cards limited to specific minis packs, yes. The core game does not include every design option. Anything we have said that suggests the core game includes every option was a mistake on our part.
Looking back over it, I see where I went wrong. It's not you, it's me.

I connected "4 cars/decks in the core set" and "cars have unique cards" to arrive at "There are 4 unique cars/decks in the core set", not catching that the second quoted bit was in reference to expansion set cars.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
Old 03-20-2019, 08:33 PM   #376
Racer

Do people in the know think this incarnation will be easy for smart 11-12 year olds to play ? My Brother-in-Law played CW back in the day & is desperately trying anything to distract my older Nephew away from the dreaded Fortnite ...
Old 03-21-2019, 12:41 AM   #377
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Do people in the know think this incarnation will be easy for smart 11-12 year olds to play ?
I think smart 11-12-year-olds will mop the floor with us oldsters.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 03-21-2019, 05:49 AM   #378
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
I connected "4 cars/decks in the core set" and "cars have unique cards" to arrive at "There are 4 unique cars/decks in the core set", not catching that the second quoted bit was in reference to expansion set cars.
In the core game, all four decks are identical. Each player has access to the same gear as every other player.

Each of the miniatures includes a new car model, dice, and cards. The cards in the minis packs will be a mix of completely new cards, cards that duplicate an item or weapon from another set, or whatever else is appropriate for that particular design.

In play, there's no restriction (other than in-game restrictions that apply to things like facing and maximum number of a specific item) on which cards a player uses when constructing a car. You like this defensive accessory from pack 12 and that cool weapon from pack 25 as well as those neat core game cards? Mix as you wish, so long as you don't run into in-game restrictions.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:13 AM   #379
Cadmus

Sorry if I'm being dense and if this has been answered before, but if we want every single card in the game, will we need to buy every single car pack also? If that's the case, will a separate 'All of the Car Wars Cards In One Deck' product be produced for sale?
Old 03-21-2019, 06:20 AM   #380
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadmus View Post
Sorry if I'm being dense and if this has been answered before, but if we want every single card in the game, will we need to buy every single car pack also? If that's the case, will a separate 'All of the Car Wars Cards In One Deck' product be produced for sale?
1. Yes.
2. That is not in the plans; the cards in the miniatures packs go with the minis and dice in those packs.
Closed Thread