Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-03-2017, 10:12 AM   #21
Rasputin

Default Re: [Magic] What spells heal attribute damage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Ending an Affliction removes all effects of said Affliction. Or are you saying that ending Affliction: Form of a Frog would take days or weeks?
Not for attribute penalties. Last sentence of that graf on p. B36: "Penalties last for one minute per point by which the victim failed his HT roll." I didn't bother to specify, but I was handling these by giving them Extended Duration so they're a threat in the woods, akin to how they are in D&D.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:30 PM   #22
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Not for attribute penalties. Last sentence of that graf on p. B36: "Penalties last for one minute per point by which the victim failed his HT roll." I didn't bother to specify, but I was handling these by giving them Extended Duration so they're a threat in the woods, akin to how they are in D&D.
And then all of the attributes lost return at once. Your plants are being treated as a fading Affliction instead of one that naturally just poofs, but, neutralizing an Affliction ends ALL of its effects at once. As the attribute loss is not tied to HP loss, it is not the result of injury and it goes bye-bye.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:49 PM   #23
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
And then all of the attributes lost return at once. Your plants are being treated as a fading Affliction instead of one that naturally just poofs, but, neutralizing an Affliction ends ALL of its effects at once. As the attribute loss is not tied to HP loss, it is not the result of injury and it goes bye-bye.
Unfortunately, it's a poison, just one using the Affliction rules as a time limit (I didn't have one before). The spell Neutralize Poison isn't useful against those poisons that do not do direct damage, and says outright. So we're back to square one.

We're just going around in circles, so mods, please lock this thread.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
attribute, attributes, gurps, healing, magic