Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Flemroid

Default Mindless Minion

The Slay a Minion GUAL card was played when the only minion in play was Mindless Minion. Now he cannot be slain although the GUAL says play it when a minion is in play which is true. There is a minion in play. Does that work and he is just not discarded?
Old 09-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Mindless Minion

Took a while for me to clarify what was actually written on the cards, but now that I've done that (and thanks for the extra info, Flemroid), I can say the following with confidence.

I'm almost certain you still can't play Slay a Minion in that case. Except for Curses, you need to be able to follow all the instructions on a card in order for the card to be able to be played and you cannot follow the "discard the minion" instruction on Slay a Minion if the only minion in play is the Mindless Minion.

This is the same reason why you can't play any GUAL when you are at Level 9, even ones with 'play this when ...' type clauses. Another example is Potion of Cowardice, which says it can be played during any combat, but its been ruled that monsters need to be present too, so you can't use only the 'play this when ...' info to determine if the card is playable.