Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-18-2017, 11:41 PM   #131
The_Ryujin

Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
So how would you handle something like a Star Wars "assault cannon", which is a beam weapon that is man-portable, fired from the hip, and essentially a LMG or GPMG, edging into minigun territory? My own builds treat it as a "cannon" since many of them can optionally be mounted; they're not exactly a "rifle" configuration.
I'd use Gunner (Beams) for shooting it and treat them as cannon if mounted like an E-Web. If carried then treat them like rifles for both ST and Acc since a mini gun would be held two handed and wouldn't be as stable when being held. See the hypothetical man portable M134 on pg. 136 of High-Tech for a RAW example of a mounted weapons being being converted into man carried weapon.

This does remind me, I do need to look into seeing if I can figure out a formula for figuring out how man kW you need to power a gatling gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
If you ever collate all of your beam weapon rules into a single document, I'd really appreciate having it.
That is something I do have on my to do list. I just need to learn how to make better, more coherent spread sheets first heh.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #132
The_Ryujin

Previously on Battlestar GURPSday....

Upgrading your PC's computer can be an important part of many game settings but sadly GURPS can be a little lacking when it comes to upgrade options. Well, let's see if we can do something to remedy this situation shall we?

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
Old 01-21-2017, 07:56 PM   #133
The_Ryujin

Got another round of tweaks for the Blaster and Laser Design System, one of which has uses outside of making beams weapons as well.

Check it out here

Old 01-24-2017, 12:55 AM   #134
The_Ryujin

Well my net is being a meanie jerk face right now slowing down the articles I'm working on so I figure I'll give a sneak peak of an up coming one.

Since my Blast Em! article is proving to be quite popular as well as my MAOR DAKKA one so I figured I'd cover a few more Star Wars blasters that take advantage of my more advanced rules for figuring how a beam weapons ROF effects its weight. Some will be canon but I'll be throwing a few blasters of my own making in the mix for added variety.

Here's one of em'.

Blast Tech RA 206 Repeating Blaster Pistol (TL11^)
The RA 206 is a reapeting blaster pistol orginally designed for use by for MPs and other rear echelon troops used by the various planetary defense forces employed by the countless worlds of the former Galatic Republic. It's small size and pistol form factor let it be held in a standard holster and when set to semi-auto mode it could be used much as a standard side arm. When more fire power was needed its stock and handle like be swing open and pulled down turning it into a very compact repeating blaster carbine. After the Frist Galatic Emprire was established and most planetary defense forces were phased out by order of the Emperor most were resupplied to Empire controlled anti-terrorist and hostage rescue forces.

The RA 206 has a collapsible stock that slides in along the weapon upper frame in the back, a foldable forward handgrip under its barrel and is capable of firing in semi-automatic or three round limited burst mode. It takes a ready action to switch the weapon from either mode unless you have the Lightnig Fingers perk. It has uses a standard C cell placed in its hand grip to give it enough power for 266 shots.

With the stock extended and the front grip lowered (which takes a ready to do both) it becomes a more stable firing platform. Use Beams (Rifle) and change stats to Acc 8, ST6†, Bulk -3*, and Rcl 2.

BEAMS (PISTOL) (DX-4, most other Beams-4, or Guns (pistol)-4)

Damg: 3d(5) burn
Acc: 5
Range: 290/860
Wt: 2.5/1C
ROF: 9
Shot: 266(3)
ST: 10
Bulk: -2*
Rcl:3
Cost: $3,100/$10
LC: 2

Old 01-26-2017, 02:12 PM   #135
The_Ryujin

It's January, it's GURPSday and it's cold. How about a Freeze Ray!

Old 02-15-2017, 10:39 PM   #136
The_Ryujin

Nothing says I love you quit like a tri-barreled gatling laser.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:02 PM   #137
Christopher R. Rice

This is most excellent. :-)

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:53 AM   #138
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
This is most excellent. :-)
Thanks man, I try my best :D

Ok guys, got a quick one today. Found out that David already posted updated values for Ultra-Tech's ETC already undermining all the work I put into trying to come up with my own updated system heh.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:02 AM   #139
The_Ryujin

For this GURPSday I think one thing that we can all agree one: When it comes to high explosive goodness, big enough is never enough!

Old 03-09-2017, 11:16 AM   #140
The_Ryujin

Tired of hearing, "You sank my space battleship!" when using GURPS Spaceships? Wish that ships made with this system were just a little more survivable? Well wonder no more! For this weeks GURPSday post we're gonna make space combat a little less scary!

Tags
blog, blogs, gurps day