Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 01-22-2020, 10:20 AM   #1
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Nordlond at FNORDCon

Gaming Ballistic will be at FNORDCon again this year. Unlike last year, I'll actually have a dealer's table. So you can drop by, say hello, and buy stuff.

However, that also means that I won't be running games, since I'm the only one coming down from MN to run the booth.

What I'm looking for is volunteers who will be there to run games based on my published and soon-to-be-published material [1]. So if you want to run Hall of Judgment, adventures in Citadel at Nordvorn, or even Forest's End...I'd love to see it happen.

I can offer copies of physical materials - the books, paper print-outs of the pre-gens from Hall of Judgment. PM me if you're interested.[2]

Doug

[1] If you want to run DFRPG in general, this is very good no matter what. I'd love to see you run Nordlond...but I'd rather see you run ANYTHING DFRPG-ish!

[2] One person I was chatting with on Discord wants to run a Grand Melee. A set of arena-style encounters, maybe like a PvP single-elimination or double-elimination tournament, running near continuously. I like the set of his jib.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:41 PM   #2
Beoferret

Default Re: Nordlond at FNORDCon

Out of curiosity, Doug, are you planning on attending and/or setting up a booth at any other con (particularly in the Upper Midwest) this coming year?
Beoferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:27 PM   #3
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoferret View Post
Out of curiosity, Doug, are you planning on attending and/or setting up a booth at any other con (particularly in the Upper Midwest) this coming year?
Con of the North in a few weeks!
Old 03-02-2020, 08:16 PM   #4
peruses

I'm finally funded and confirmed for Fnordcon.

As Doug said I'd love to find a crew and keep a table running a Nordlond festival as close to nonstop as possible with rotating schedule of challenges and an occasional surprise encounter. I figure we need at least 4 GM's to be able to run continuously and still be able to enjoy the rest of the con, but time grows short. We must begin planning for this epic undertaking immediately for it to succeed!
peruses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:52 AM   #5
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by peruses View Post
I'm finally funded and confirmed for Fnordcon.

As Doug said I'd love to find a crew and keep a table running a Nordlond festival as close to nonstop as possible with rotating schedule of challenges and an occasional surprise encounter. I figure we need at least 4 GM's to be able to run continuously and still be able to enjoy the rest of the con, but time grows short. We must begin planning for this epic undertaking immediately for it to succeed!
I'll throw this up on my blog again this week; I'm focused right at the moment on finishing up Dragons of Rosgarth in prep for getting it to the printer.

I will say this: I will make a preliminary copy of all four of the Nordlond Sagas books available to the GMs of this event for chargen and adventure snippets and sessions for the three-day con. Not to keep (if for no other reasons than the prelim 96-page Forest's End and 112-page Dragons of Rosgarth will be perfect-bound rather than smyth-sewn and a few other differences; these are preview copies).
Old 03-04-2020, 12:15 PM   #6
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.

Awesome! I look forward to meeting/seeing you there.

I'm so very tempted to run something (I'm on the list as an emergency backup) but I'm going to try something I'm not very good at. I'm trying to ATTEND a convention without working it.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:58 PM   #7
Tom H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB.6361 View Post
I'm so very tempted to run something (I'm on the list as an emergency backup) but I'm going to try something I'm not very good at. I'm trying to ATTEND a convention without working it.
Cool. I think it can be worthwhile to experience things from a different perspective.

I've got my ticket again for this year. I may not always make the early time slots. (I'm not sure if my lodgings are going to be near or faaar.)

I met Kyle Norton at last year's FnordCon. He's the writer of the Dragon's of Rosgarth. Does anyone know if he be back in attendance this year?
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:17 PM   #8
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom H. View Post
I met Kyle Norton at last year's FnordCon. He's the writer of the Dragon's of Rosgarth. Does anyone know if he be back in attendance this year?
Yes but not the entire weekend. I don’t currently know his schedule, just that he has conflicts with other things going on.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote