Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 06:43 PM   #11
Whitestreak

Default Re: Security warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
Are you getting the full-page 'not secure' warning that does not proceed to the site, or are you getting the 'This site is not fully secure' red triangle next to the address bar?
The red triangle in the address bat
Old 01-27-2022, 11:09 AM   #12
Alden Loveshade

I just tried going to forums.sjgames.com through Firefox, and got here.

However, there is a tiny triangle with an outline of a tiny person's head and shoulders at top that, when I click on it, says "Site information for forums.sjgames.com/Connection not secure/Parts of this page are not secure (such as images)."
Old 01-27-2022, 11:20 AM   #13
Aleph
Administrator

As I said, with the increased warnings that browsers are adding now, you are going to get some of the minor ones simply because components of the current forum software setup use a mix of http and https headers. Browsers now highlight as a possible security issue, as not 100% of the traffic is encrypted.

We don't run any 3rd party ad services on the forums (which is often where the potential cross-site-scripting vulnerabilities occur), and the mixed content we do serve is still internal to the site. The risks are low in that regard.

When the time comes to move to different forum software, the minor warnings will be resolved.
Closed Thread