Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Daily Illuminator

Old 01-14-2023, 11:00 PM   #1
RoboAdmin
Spam Assassin

Default January 15, 2023: How Inflation Impacted Cthulhu Dice

January 15, 2023: How Inflation Impacted Cthulhu Dice

Read this article on the Illuminator.
RoboAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 11:06 AM   #2
mabhatter

Default Re: January 15, 2023: How Inflation Impacted Cthulhu Dice

I don't see my local stores stocking many "impulse buy" games lately. Only two local stores out of like six stock much in the way of small ~$10 stuff. The trend in the industry is for even small games to be $25-$30 now. I think that makes stores shy to keep any small stuff on hand. Even small Munchkin expansions are getting rare on shelves. Doodads like special dice and accessories are pretty slim pickings lately on store shelves and that's where I really got into SJG stuff.

Lately I notice that I go into stores to get something off my "list" of games I've seen in forums and YouTube or expansions for things I already have. I really don't just pick up random things anymore. I think that's a bit related to inflation and a bit related to so many channels like Kickstarter and Backerkit that eat up the budget for store spending. To be fair, local stores have kinda bad distributors as well. Distributors for my local store can take 4+ weeks to ship something to them... provided they bothered to stock it because a lot of things never get to the "usual" distributors lately. A lot of my local have stores are shy on stocking board game stuff. Between CCG, WH40K, D&D the store owners really don't keep up on board game stuff until someone tells them to order something.
mabhatter is offline   Reply With Quote