Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-04-2016, 11:52 PM   #1
lachimba

Default Atypical monster hordes for DFRPF

Atypical monster hordes for DFRPG? Something that I can have as the base generic threat the PCs are always happy

Im thinking something along the lines of how Baldurs Gate had no Orcs (which had to wait until Icewind Dale), but made over the top use of Gnolls and Hobgoblins.

Doom Children?

Lizard Men?

Maybe stat up my own beastmen and use the great looking citadel miniatures or their demon models for mobs of demons.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:10 AM   #2
Bruno

Default Re: Atypical monster hordes for DFRPF

I can tell you from experience that doom children are hysterically funny in large numbers from a GMs perspective. Your players may be less amused.

The problem/entertainment value is that doom children explode, and are not immune to the explosions of other doom children. So PCs kill a few, and the damage softens up other doom children. Then you get that one explosion that sets off another doom child, which sets off the third one that was too close to the first two, and that sets off the fourth one who was in the overlapping areas, and then baboom, giant explosion, roof caves in, PCs standing around with sooty faces, Hard of Hearing, and stunned expressions.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, monsters