Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-05-2015, 07:13 AM   #11
Nereidalbel

Default Re: Tattoo Magic: Summoning a Magic (AP) Weapon

Let's do the simple route then: Snatcher with Reduced Time 1/10 lets you take 1 second (touching the tattoo) and pull a small object out of the aether. Apply Aspected, PM, etc. as needed.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:19 AM   #12
WingedKagouti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Let's do the simple route then: Snatcher with Reduced Time 1/10 lets you take 1 second (touching the tattoo) and pull a small object out of the aether. Apply Aspected, PM, etc. as needed.
Or use Payload if the summoner has to own the item in question before calling upon it.
WingedKagouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #13
GodBeastX

Powers P.103

Quote:
Melee Attack (ST-Based): Only for
Crushing, Cutting, and Impaling
Attacks. You can add your dice of
thrust or swing damage to the damage
of your Innate Attack. Work out Melee
Attack as usual, and then add a +100%
enhancement. (This modifier is more
cost-effective than Striking ST; the
GM may wish to reserve it for cinematic
genres.)
So to build it as an innate attack, do the following:

sw+2 (2) cut weapon with 1 hex reach would be built with.

Innate Attack (Cutting, Partial Dice) 2 damage (Melee Attack, -25%; Melee Attack (ST-Based), 100%; Armor Divisor, 50%) [12]

Another possibility for building this is Snatcher. Though that is pricey, it is basically the advantage that lets your create an object out of thin air. You take the creation modifier from powers.

Personally I like the Natural Weapon advantage better from Pyramid #65 - Alternate GURPS III.
GodBeastX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:10 AM   #14
Phantasm

Okay, for the record, I don't have Pyramid #65. Should I manage to squeeze another PDF into my budget, I'll have it considered, but there are quite a few supplements ahead of it. So, not even in the running.

Consider a small knife (sw-3/thr-1) as the base, or a baton (sw+0/thr+0). I tried to build a sw-3 cut small knife in GCA, and it really wouldn't let me. At most, I could get a sw-2 cut for -6 points; it wouldn't let me add further levels. Doesn't really seem right for an attack to count as a disadvantage. o.O

Payload doesn't really fit -- the weapon isn't something that can be stolen -- and Snatcher may just be too expensive to truly consider. (Which, given this setting has 500-600 point dragons as possibly playable, is saying something.)

If I was to add extra dice, this probably wouldn't be a problem... but another tattoo is meant to just conjure a regular, unmodified weapon, so I want to be sure I'm not doing it screwball, y'know?

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:55 AM   #15
Dalillama

Payload + signature gear, with appropriate modifiers (payload is massless, only usabe with signature gear etc.) Price the magic one like a vibrobkade of equivalent potency.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:24 PM   #16
scc

tbrock1031, I think your problem is that you're wanting to exactly duplicate the weapons normal damage, I'd suggest giving up on that
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:35 PM   #17
Phantasm

Okay, I think I have something that fits. How does this look for a tattoo that conjures a regular weapon?

Weapon: Any melee or muscle-powered ranged weapon, from a shuriken to a halberd; cannot be a gun or energy weapon. These weapons are generally Fine-quality weapons. Buy each weapon separately as Signature Gear (Cancellation, +10%; Costs 2 ER/FP per minute, -10%; Summonable, +100%; Magical, -10%) [1.9/level].

Thoughts? (I'm still working on the magic weapons.)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cancellation