Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-25-2015, 12:56 AM   #801
Wavefunction

Default Re: Ravens N' Pennies - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Like what? Rituals built as powers? Expand on this please.
I was thinking more whole new advantages for ritual users. Like the Spellslinger advantage from your pyramid article. There might not be anything else worth including, but I'd be interested to find out if you can think of anything.
Wavefunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:13 AM   #802
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavefunction View Post
I was thinking more whole new advantages for ritual users. Like the Spellslinger advantage from your pyramid article. There might not be anything else worth including, but I'd be interested to find out if you can think of anything.
I'll think about it. I'm not sure there is much country left to be discovered there, but maybe something will pop up.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:02 PM   #803
nerdvana

If you are still looking for something to do, a group mind ability (as discussed in this thread or the likes of the Tines from Vernor Vinge's A Fire Upon the Deep) would be intreguing. Basically a One Mind-Multiple Bodies issue. I had thought of Horde Intelligence but VickyM doesn't believe that would do the trick.
nerdvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:23 PM   #804
Anders

Quote:
Ahh, Anders - I can always count on you to turn a crumb into a cake. :-) Perfect.
Really, the more I think about the High Craft rules the more I like them. Paintings that allow you to teleport to the place painted there, bags of holding, etc. You really don't need much in the way of other enchantment stuff.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:38 PM   #805
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdvana View Post
If you are still looking for something to do, a group mind ability (as discussed in this thread or the likes of the Tines from Vernor Vinge's A Fire Upon the Deep) would be intreguing. Basically a One Mind-Multiple Bodies issue. I had thought of Horde Intelligence but VickyM doesn't believe that would do the trick.
Kromm posted something like this a while back, but that seems like a good idea. Sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Really, the more I think about the High Craft rules the more I like them. Paintings that allow you to teleport to the place painted there, bags of holding, etc. You really don't need much in the way of other enchantment stuff.
Imagine a campaign setting where that was the ONLY form of magic.

Become a Patron!
Old 02-25-2015, 05:16 PM   #806
Randyman

Quote:
Imagine a campaign setting where that was the ONLY form of magic.
GURPS Mary Poppins?

"(GURPS) isn't a game but a toolkit for building games, and the GM needs to use it intelligently" - Kromm
Randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:11 PM   #807
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Really, the more I think about the High Craft rules the more I like them. Paintings that allow you to teleport to the place painted there.
One is reminded of the Trumps of Amber.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:54 PM   #808
sjolly75

Quote:
So, I'm running low of blog topics and like I usually do I'm asking you guys what sort of things you want to pop up. This is both in a generalized and specific sense - you want to see more DF stuff? More MH stuff? More generically useful material? What sort of topics shall I cover? More Triple Threats on urban legends? Something else? These are the things I want to know.
How about a MH discussion of using Frankenstein-type constructs as hunters? Kind of in the vein of "Icepick" Gasparo from the Nocturne video game...

You could provide some options as for various types of creations.
sjolly75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:03 PM   #809
The_Ryujin

Quote:
So you want something from the Nightmare File, eh? Last time I did that one of my reviewers for the article it was in said I gave *them* nightmares. Ok. Sold. I got something just perfect for this.
Nice! Can't wait :D

Quote:
Anything in particular?
Things like more designer notes, random ideas that never quite became pyramid articles, maybe some crazy awesome and outside of the box ways you can use the system to cook up powers and abilities and maybe even a ever now and then stat up some unique character concepts that you've either come up with in the past or that you just got inspired to try out.

Quote:
That would be a huge amount of work. I'm a big fan of Technomancer - big - but that would be in the thousands of words, perhaps 4k to 7k even. I'll have to pass on this for my blog.
Yeah, kind of figured. Maybe if you're ever feeling up to it you could try to pitch a techno-magic genre book (in the vein of Monster Hunters, Horror, Mysteries and so on) that is inspired by technomancer rather then fully based on it.

Quote:
Hmmm. Maybe.
Good enough for me heh.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:13 PM   #810
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman View Post
GURPS Mary Poppins?
Heh. High Craft (Professional Skill (Governess)).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
One is reminded of the Trumps of Amber.
I actually didn't make that connection, but yes, quite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjolly75 View Post
How about a MH discussion of using Frankenstein-type constructs as hunters? Kind of in the vein of "Icepick" Gasparo from the Nocturne video game...

You could provide some options as for various types of creations.
Hmmmmm. Yes. Maybe. I could put that together with the discussion of experiments as Inhumans.

Become a Patron!

Tags
blogs