Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
Grey_Fox

Default Mass Combat Spreadsheet

Spoiler:  

EDIT:
Hey guys, fell of the planet for a while but i am back now and reviewing my old stuff for a new game, as such i have dusted off my MC spreadsheet and updated it alot
<Link no longer available> Lots of changes, added the options for picking strategies, changed some colors around and updated the units as per the errata, as always if you find a bug let me know and i will fix it, Happy Gaming!
EDIT:
Made some changes to the formulas, they should calculate correctly now. Also added the example army to the TL0-5 army page
<Link no longer available>
As always any errors let me know
EDIT:
Made a fix for C3I units, now they dont add to TS if they are support
EDIT:
Revanche has made some great fixes, available here

EDIT:
Updated Link
Latest Version

Last edited by Grey_Fox; 09-24-2021 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Fixing Old Links
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Grey_Fox

Default Re: Mass Combat Spreadsheet

Spoiler:  
EDIT: Removed bad old links. See above, ingore this post

Last edited by Grey_Fox; 05-13-2012 at 04:08 AM. Reason: new version
Old 07-15-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Just curious: how about converting to Google Docs? Anyway, will check it out when I get to my computer.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:27 AM   #4
Grey_Fox

Spoiler:  

new version ignore this post

EDIT: Removed bad old link

Last edited by Grey_Fox; 05-13-2012 at 04:08 AM. Reason: new version
Old 07-15-2011, 02:47 AM   #5
Blind Mapmaker

I tried the old excel version and the TL 0-5 page works like a charm. There's only a small glitch: I get the specials first when I click on the element drop-down box. When I directly click on the cell after that it shows the element drop-down correctly.

I'm not sure about what the problem is you talk about. Would it be possible to make a separate TL 6+ file that has working selections and stuff? This looks really useful and I'm sure I won't be the only one to appreciate it.

Thanks for making it available.
Blind Mapmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:50 AM   #6
Grey_Fox

New version with a typo fixed, Here
Old 07-16-2011, 06:13 AM   #7
safisher
Gunnery Sergeant,
 Imperial Marines
Coauthor,
 GURPS High-Tech

Thank you! This is great. If you want to expand it, look at the Spaceships in Mass combat article in Pyramid. It would be very neat to integrate them. Thanks!
safisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #8
Metaphysica

Hey, I was about to run my first mass combat battle, and I thought there would probably be a pretty great spreadsheet out there for the mass combat sheets, and, viola, Grey Fox provides!

Two questions, what dark magick did you use to hide the sheets with the element information? I'd love to add my own weird elements, and make minor changes on the official ones from the books. Looking at the sheet you've used a VLOOKUP to search through a sheet called "TLX-X Elements." I cannot for the life of me unhide that sheet. Excel insists there's nothing hidden. Anyway we can get a version of the sheet with that exposed, or can you walk me through unhiding it?

Second, I'm not following how you're calculating TS as a result of Support Elements (with TS in parentheses in the book). The spreadsheet seems to counting Support classes as only contributing to their special class TS. If I understand the book correctly they should add their full TS to their special class, and 10% of their TS to the Total TS. For example, the AEW is TS (5000), it should add 500 to the total TS and 5000 to the Air Support TS. I double checked the examples in the back and they seem to be done this way.

Is that an error or am I missing something?

Thanks for the work on this, it's great!

Keith
Metaphysica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #9
Grey_Fox

Glad you like the sheet Metaphysica =)

Where is the 10% TS thing for the support units mentioned in MC, i was working on the description from the front of the book "It means that the element’s TS can only be used when calculating special class superiority – never when determining the TS ratio". Looking at the example of the modern force in the back it is set up the same way, if you add all the values for the non-parenthesis units they add up to the total TS, so i may be doing it wrong but i don't think i am, point me to a page and i will double check myself though.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
vierasmarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Fox View Post
Glad you like the sheet Metaphysica =)

Where is the 10% TS thing for the support units mentioned in MC, i was working on the description from the front of the book "It means that the element’s TS can only be used when calculating special class superiority – never when determining the TS ratio". Looking at the example of the modern force in the back it is set up the same way, if you add all the values for the non-parenthesis units they add up to the total TS, so i may be doing it wrong but i don't think i am, point me to a page and i will double check myself though.
I think the 10% TS is a houserule that's been bandied about on the forum. It's supposed to deal with situations like a TL8 Heavy Weapons squad being instantly overrun by TL3 Medium Infantry, simply because they have an actual TS and the HW doesn't.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mass combat