Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #11
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: extra attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf99
that is wat i was origionally wanting to do. i just wasn't sure if it should fly

also i was wondering: would it be a +100% modifier if you could ready or attack?
This is functionally equivalent to buying it twice, so...sure. :-)
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #12
Rolando

How much it will be for a modifier to ST just for reading purposes, explained maybe as some kind of combat tecnic that uses posture an balance to swing heavy weapons continuously... maybe a little cinematic but I will like to have an idea of how much it will cost...
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #13
Mehmet
MIB

I'd say, ready OR attack would be a +60% or so - it is not as useful as an Extra attack and an Extra "ready" combined but it is still much useful than Extra attack itself.

Cheerio!
Old 01-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
Dwarf99

Thanks for all the imput.
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:06 PM   #15
Fnordianslip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf99
that is wat i was origionally wanting to do. i just wasn't sure if it should fly

also i was wondering: would it be a +100% modifier if you could ready or attack?
Though, for that price, you might want to just by altered time rate with some limitations. That would make it possible to do pretty much what you liked with your extra turns.
Fnordianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #16
smurf
Banned

You could up the character's lift strength so that a unbalanced weapon becomes balanced. This would be the easier alternative.

Unless it's 9 feet tall of grunt and swings two halberds as paired axes because it has ST 40 of nastyness!
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #17
Ze'Manel Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
Note that if somebody really wanted Extra Ready in my campaign, I'd probably allow it for the same price as Extra Attack. However, it would not be the same thing . . . you'd need to take them separately.
Seems a bit steep, I would expect that an Extra Ready is only worth about 60% of an Extra Attack, so about 15 points vs 25 points. YMMV
Old 01-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #18
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Extra Ready is pretty much the same as Extra Attack wherever it would matter. It lets you Fast-Draw an arrow, ready a bow, and shoot all in one turn, doubling effective RoF (vs. Fast-Draw + Ready on Turn 1, Attack on Turn 2). It lets you swing a halberd every turn, doubling effective rate of attack (vs. Attack on Turn 1, Ready on Turn 2). It doesn't do much for all those weapons that have no ready time . . . but then again, it hastens pulling out equipment rather a lot. Of course, you could limit it to just one weapon, in which case I'd agree with a lower cost.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:39 PM   #19
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Though would Extra Ready biy limted to manuvers where you already too a Ready Manuver, just like Extra Attack is Limited to Manuvers which have an Attack Component?
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:18 PM   #20
Wedhro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl
Though would Extra Ready biy limted to manuvers where you already too a Ready Manuver, just like Extra Attack is Limited to Manuvers which have an Attack Component?
I'm not Kromm, but I'd say yes. It looks coherent to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehmet
I'd say, ready OR attack would be a +60% or so - it is not as useful as an Extra attack and an Extra "ready" combined but it is still much useful than Extra attack itself.
Sound reasonable. Since Extra Attack/Ready costs 25 points/level, or 50 points/level for the sum of the two, an hypotetical "Extra Attack Or Ready" advantage should have a cost of about 35-40 points (somewhere between 25 and 50 points), so a +60% enhancement should fit fine.

I'm enjoing this thread, and I'm planning to use these guidelines in my campaign. Thank you!

Tags
extra arms, extra ready