Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-01-2014, 06:33 AM   #1
RiccardoAt

Default Fight more monsters

Hi :)

1)
If someone add a monster with Wandering Monster and this new monster as some special feature like the Floating Nose (birbe it with 200 gold), can I pay 200 and continue to fight only the first monster?

If I'm a cleric and the wandering monster is a Wannabe Vampire?

If I haven't more than 3 items in play and the wandering monster is "werewolf hamster"?
(i'm not sure about the translation of the name of this monster but in Italian it's like that :) )

2)If I have an helper in my fight and:

- one of us (or both of us) is cleric and the wandering monster is a Wannabe Vampire?

3) If I'm fighting only one monster with an helper

- Floating Nose. One of us can pay and we both win the combact without killing the monster?

- Wannabe Vampire. One of us is cleric and we both win the combact without killing the monster?

I really hope it's clear what i write :) thank u very much in advance!
RiccardoAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Fight more monsters

In English, there is a Were-Hamster, but it's text has nothing to do with the number of Items you have in play. In fact, no one can help you fight it. I know for a fact that I don't have a copy of the Italian version of Munchkin Bites!, so I can't even pretend to help with figuring out what could have happened.

As for the other issues: If you are facing a Monster that has special text affecting it (like a special way to remove it), then either you or your helper can trigger that effect (assuming they can). Regardless of whether it's a Wandering Monster, or a Wandering Monster is added to such a Monster, that special removal effect only affects that Monster. In other words, you can't get rid of all the Monsters if you're a Cleric and the Wannabe Vampire is part of a multiple Monster combat. As always, any resulting rewards still go to the player whose turn it is unless some card text says otherwise, and whatever deal for how Treasures are to be distributed continues to remain in effect.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:16 AM   #3
RiccardoAt

Thank u very much, I think I understand :)
RiccardoAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
Moldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
If you are facing a Monster that has special text affecting it (like a special way to remove it), then either you or your helper can trigger that effect (assuming they can).
Is it overrule your earlier answer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
The helper can not bribe the Floating Nose because the actual words on the card read as an instruction on how to choose not to fight the Floating Nose, a choice a helper can not make.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #5
Brf

As MM is explaining, the Floating Nose's special bribe clause is only to decide whether you are going to fight it or not. Once you have decided to fight it, you cannot change your mind later, and decide not to fight it. You cannot have a helper unless you are losing at a fight, so your helper cannot possibly bribe the Nose, since you have already decided to fight it.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:26 PM   #6
Moldon

Brf, actually I can change my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiccardoAt View Post
1) Can I decide to birbe Floating Nose also when the combact is already started? (i.e. I use potions, friends play enhancers, I can win no more, I birbe the monster)
Yes.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:51 PM   #7
Brf

So, you can change your mind, but your helper cannot change your mind.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:12 PM   #8
Moldon

Brf, please read my question and MM's quotes. 02-11-2011 he said helper can't do this, but 12-01-2014 he said helper can. My question is: Is it overrule the earlier answer?
Old 04-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #9
MunchkinMan

I think that my earlier post was very specific to Floating Nose, and that the card itself is a special case, where it tells you how to not have to fight it, as opposed to forcing it to leave the combat. That ruling doesn't contradict this one based on that. In no way was i saying that you have to choose immediately and you can't ever change your mind, so Brf is incorrect in that interpretation, since neither the rules nor the card define that circumstance.

Either way, my Floating Nose ruling needs to be reviewed since there were reasons that was only a placeholder ruling.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 04-05-2015 at 03:13 PM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote