Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
DoctorLovecraft

Default Extended reach on existing limbs.

I have a question about the cost of extended reach on existing limbs, and I can't find anything about this, on the forums. I know that this is covered by the long enhancement under Extra Arms, but how would you apply this to an existing set of limbs? I came up with three ways.

1 Assume that (since the Extra Arms advantage says that two limbs cost zero points) the +100% for the long enhancement would make the total zero points, and assume that the added size modifier penalty, to hit limbs, mitigates the cost.

2 Buy extra arms for 10 points add the long enhancement for 100%, or 10 points per level, and just ignore the two arms the character would already have.

3 Start with the basic 10 points for the Extra Arms advantage. Add 100% per level for the long enhancement. Then subtract the 10 points for Extra Arms, because the enhancement is for existing limbs.

I think the third example is correct, but I’m not sure. If somebody has some clarification on which is the correct way, or has a way that I haven’t thought about, it would be greatly appreciated.
DoctorLovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
Sunrunners_Fire

Default Re: Extended reach on existing limbs.

(Basic, pg 53): Extra Arms: Modifying Beings With One or Two Arms

(Long +1, +100%) applied to a pre-existing limb is:
  • Long Arm (One Arm) (+1 SM) [10]
  • Long Arm (Two Arms) (+1 SM) [20]
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extra arms, modifying limbs