Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > The Gnomes of Zurich > Gamer Finder

Old 10-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
gargoylerex

Default Austin Area New Fantasy GURPS group with 3 seats open

RPG fantasy world based on the book series by Mercedes Lackey call the Heralds of Valdemar. The game will be roughly 30 years after the Mage Storms trilogy, or if you are familiar with the Owl trilogy this game world would be about 20 years after the Owl Trilogy.

The game system I will use is GURPS 3.0
Game time is Saturdays starting at 7PM till players decide to go home
Location is at my Home contact for info

The game is open to anyone who would like to play who is of appropriate age. When I say appropriate age I mean that 18+ are welcome however if you are 15 to 17 I will require your parent or legal guardian to give consent to me before I allow you to play in my game. Ages 14 and under I am unable to allow to play in my games. I simply lack the patience, nothing personal just being honest.

Please also be aware that I have a cap of 8 players in any sit down game. First come first serve... however established players with characters can reserve a seat simply by contacting me ahead of the game.

For more information you can contact

Basil Seals
basilseals@gmail.com
512-516-7428
gargoylerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
gargoylerex

Default Re: Austin Area New Fantasy GURPS group with 3 seats open

We currently have 4 core players in the game. We would like to have 3 to 4 more join us. if you are at all interested please contact me for more information

Game system Gurps 3.0 with some 2.0 suppliments

Starting characters can have a max of 200 pts, 145 starting points with up to 10 pts in quirks and up to 45pts disadvantages

only 40pts maybe spent buying advantages all other points are to be spend on attributes abilites and skills or remain in your character pool for use in game.

all starting characters are to use only the Basic 3.0 Gurps rule book. some things can be used from other 3.0 or 2.0 books with GM approval.

Tech level for this game world is Tech 3 to with some tech 4 a even a few tech 5

Magic or mana levels in this world are mostly standard normal.... with rare places being in the high mana zones with even more rare no mana zones
Old 10-16-2011, 01:19 AM   #3
gargoylerex

Default Re: Austin Area New Fantasy GURPS group with 3 seats open

The humble home that is mine hosted our second game, as a means to make it more "fair" i provided food and drink to players to make up for them coming from all over austin down south to my humble home. We had good food and good laughs then the true fun began. With our core players venturing out on their second mission to unknown areas and dangers they managed to solve mysteries, avoid death, negotiate trade with outlandish barbarians, earn great respect from the kingdoms rulers, and most of all had many many hours of FUN DOING IT.

The players did realize they are short in their skills however so they they look to recruit persons of great skills in the arts of "healing" and "Arcane" abilities. to round out their team. but most important in place of skills they seek others with great "humor, witty minds, and general good hearted fun in their hearts to join the team.

In short we are looking to recruit 2 to 3 more players who dont mind driving down to south east austin and enjoy easy going lots of laughs gamers.

Tags
austin