Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2019, 11:02 AM   #22
warhorse11h

Default Re: Mana

[QUOTE=Skarg;2236844]All things being equal and TFT being a point-buy game, if you base mana on IQ, I'd say that pretty much any 32-point arena wizard design would be less effective than one who shifted points from ST to DX or IQ, because extra points in ST would just help you take wounds a little bit (even raising DX and then reducing it with cloth or leather armor would seem almost always a better choice than raising ST in that case)./QUOTE]

If I might stick my oar in here, I think there might be a misconception here. I think what JLV was trying to say and what I understood was that mana and IQ are only linked in this scheme in that one's mana is limited to being equal to the wizard's IQ. It is completely separate from IQ except that one's IQ represents the wizard's ability to focus mana for spell casting.

Just trying to clarify. Excuse me, I'll let myself out now.

Last edited by warhorse11h; 01-18-2019 at 11:06 AM.
warhorse11h is offline   Reply With Quote