Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 03-19-2020, 01:32 AM   #1
Say, it isn't that bad!

Default How to get a character's Weight field?

As per my previous question, I am trying to implement the Pyramid 3, #83 article, "Knowing Your Own Strength." As the default HP formula given in that book is based on Weight, I need to get the ST:Weight field.

This is a bit of a problem, as ST:Weight returns zero.

Alternately, I've tried setting Weight based on HP by reversing the formula, but this doesn't work, either.

I have checked the documentation, but it does not seem to list a viable method of getting or setting weight. The closest, @charweight(), is only available in templates.
Say, it isn't that bad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:46 AM   #2
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: How to get a character's Weight field?

GCA doesn't keep track of a characters weight. Or, rather, the place that it does is not meant to be accessed like that; it's essentially just a text note, and is completely optional to be filled in by the player. I don't believe there's a way to access the text field and turn it into a numeric value within GCA.

If you want to track a characters weight you'll need to create a new attribute for it (aka statistic; e.g. a trait you can access with the ST: prefix). And it is going to be disconnected from the "weight" field of the character sheet.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:37 AM   #3
Say, it isn't that bad!

Default Re: How to get a character's Weight field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
GCA doesn't keep track of a characters weight. Or, rather, the place that it does is not meant to be accessed like that; it's essentially just a text note, and is completely optional to be filled in by the player. I don't believe there's a way to access the text field and turn it into a numeric value within GCA.

If you want to track a characters weight you'll need to create a new attribute for it (aka statistic; e.g. a trait you can access with the ST: prefix). And it is going to be disconnected from the "weight" field of the character sheet.
Alright, thanks. Not ideal, but workable.
Say, it isn't that bad! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
datafile, formula