Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
cyril88

Default Question about combat

I just had a quick question about combat and asking someone for help since me and my friends were debating this a bit;

when fighting a monster and another player puts down a modifier card on that monster, am I able to for help afterwards? Or do I have to ask for help beforehand.

Ex I'm level 5 and fighting a level 1 monster, someone increases their combat power to 11, can I ask for help then? Or do I have to ask for help when the monster is level 1
cyril88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Question about combat

The conditions required for you to ask for help are that you are currently losing the combat and that you do not already have a helper. You can do this at any stage when those two conditions exist.

Thus, in your example, you can ask for and gain help after the monster was buffed to 11, but you cannot even ask for help when its combat strength is 1.

Last edited by Clipper; 12-08-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #3
wildbreloom

follow up question:

There is one card where you have to find out if you will have help first and then roll the die and if you get a six the monster becomes that one bunny from the movie. It is ordinarily level 2 I think but on a six it becomes 15. If I am not losing before I roll am I allowed to ask for help as insurance? Normally we aren't and I realize this is a specific instance but it came up the other night so I thought I would ask.
wildbreloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:57 AM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbreloom View Post
follow up question:

There is one card where you have to find out if you will have help first and then roll the die and if you get a six the monster becomes that one bunny from the movie. It is ordinarily level 2 I think but on a six it becomes 15. If I am not losing before I roll am I allowed to ask for help as insurance? Normally we aren't and I realize this is a specific instance but it came up the other night so I thought I would ask.
Because the card specifically says you can ask for help, you may do so, even if you wouldn't normally need the help.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote