Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2016, 12:30 AM   #1
Zarmonic

Default [RPM] Questions

I really like Ritual Path Magic. After years of playing with it only being a theory, I am now both playing in and GMing campaigns that use it. So I'm really happy about that right now. A few questions/ideas have arisen as a result of working with it for real...

Spell Wards:
It says in the book RPM24 that Spell Wards require a Lesser Control Magic affect but nothing else, yet later in the paragraph it goes on to describe rules that have other path skills being used. Overall, I find that section to be short and vague and would really like clarification and ideas as to what it means.

Divinations:
I think it should be official that yes/no questions don't work with this. It's kind of implied in the criteria to be counter to the spirit of the rule. The penalty is based on "total number of possible answers" and that could even be a more atrocious abuse than the 4 digit PIN given as an example.

Greater Sense Mind:
I've got a point coming up in the game I'm running where this will be a very important contest between a PC and an NPC with comparable (very high)Path of Mind vs Will scores. (PC is going to be using magic to get all the info he can) I want to say that we go by the rules given for the Advantages of Mind Reading and Mind Probe when running this encounter. Such specifics are not given in the RPM book (One question per Quick Contest for Mind Probe, just for example) I'm the GM so what I say goes, of course, but does that seem fair?

Hit Location:
Seems to me that for spells that do internal damage, there should be a modifier for targeting a specific body part. (Like the eye or the leg). Thoughts?

Resistance:
Is there really no modifier to make a spell harder to resist?

I will most likely come up with more thoughts about this later but that's what I have for now.

Thanks
Zarmonic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ritual path magic, rpm