Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-27-2015, 09:36 PM   #1
AOTA

Default GURPS Illuminati University characters

I'm planning to run a GURPS Illuminati University game at an up coming convention. What I would like is some new characters to fun it with. Looked at my old characters they were okay but a bit dated. I haven't ran this game in like over a decade. If you have characters 3rd or 4th edition. (I plan to run it in 4th but I can always convert.) Or you just have a cool idea I can add to my list that would be great too. Thanks.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #2
benz72

Default Re: GURPS Illuminati University characters

Some interesting university students:

A pre toumb-raider Laura Croft double majoring in archaeology and economics
Amelia Aerhardt taking lifelong learning classes
Pinochio, the psychology grad student investigating what it really means to be human
Mary Sue the English major who seems to find elements of herself in every novel (and changes 'hero' powers depending on what she is reading at the time)
A pre-med necromancer who likes to 'make' friends from spare parts
Old 06-28-2015, 06:54 AM   #3
robkelk
Untitled

Here is your pre-reading for this course:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=21135
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=42546
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:34 AM   #4
Fred Brackin

I don't have all the characters from my short-ish IOU game but I can give you some outlines.

Gizmo Igorsky: A dwarf/hunchback preparing himself for a career in teh family business of Mad Science!. He inherited his father's old dorm room. A sall, oddly shaped nook under the stairs that others had mistaken for a broom closet. He was thrilled when his Geiger counter went off in the cafeteria.

Helmut the Helmet: A rather thick WWII-era German "Supersoldier"
. Was thrilled by his classes in "Chem 101": Explosions for Fun and Profit" and "Military History 147:Giant Martian War Machines".

A time traveler whose name I don't remember. His roommate was out of temporal synch so you couldn't see where he was but since he was an awful slob you could tell where he had been.

A pyromaniac wizard who was initially puzzled why he had been assigned classes in Food Magic. Contributed useful skills to the Meep hunting that came to be preferred to the cafeteria.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:23 PM   #5
AOTA

Great ideas! I've been working on some of them too. Currently working on the pre-med necromancer. I have some fun ideas for that one. A version of Gizmo Igorsky is next. Thanks for the ideas.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:32 AM   #6
GodBeastX

- The hypnotoad who wants to get into TV Broadcasting for SOME reason.
- For some reason I find an alien invader like invader Zim would be a fun character. Resisting the urge to declare the Earth in the midst of being conquered.
GodBeastX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #7
tshiggins

I had a running gag on the old Pyramid boards that earned me a laugh-point or two.

Grendel is the pompous little weasel of a sycophantic public relations flack who works for the administration. Most of his informational releases consist of thinly-disguised attempts to spin unfortunate events that take place on campus, and reminding people that the Arch Dean always gets her cut.

To my thinking, he and the head of Campus Security do not like each other. Sometimes, campus security responds so energetically to student hijinks that it makes Grendel's job harder, and the self-absorbed little git hates that.

(I came up with him during my days as a newspaper reporter. I categorically deny that he was inspired by an particular p.r. flack that I dealt with, on a daily basis.)

Last edited by tshiggins; 06-30-2015 at 11:04 AM.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iou