Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 06-13-2018, 11:45 AM   #11
JLV

Default Re: Kickstarter!

I, frankly, am just stunned at how rapidly this has been turned! From just getting the rights back in December to putting the entire thing, revised, edited, and playtested, back onto the street in just 8 months? There aren't too many other game companies that could have done that these days.

I fully expected to wait for a couple of years for this to hit the street! What a wonderful year 2018 has turned out to be!

And the price point? Simply amazing. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for the stretch goals (besides doing my best to help us get there).
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:14 PM   #12
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
I, frankly, am just stunned at how rapidly this has been turned! From just getting the rights back in December to putting the entire thing, revised, edited, and playtested, back onto the street in just 8 months? There aren't too many other game companies that could have done that these days.
Please remember, the Kickstarter project. Then we complete work. Then manufacturing. Then delivery. Not quite on the streets in eight months.

That said, Steve and the team have been working harder behind the scenes than we've let on. Shhhh. It's a secret.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #13
Shostak

Any chance of additional stretch goals--like mini posters of the original art or (like OGRE) classic counters? Either would be sweet. Both would be delicious.
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #14
Chris Rice

GM screeeeeeeeeeeeennnnn!!!!!
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:07 PM   #15
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
...That said, Steve and the team have been working harder behind the scenes than we've let on.
Phil, I am really hoping Scott Haring is a key-member on that team. His guidance and shepherding of the Car Wars product-line was stellar.

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 06-13-2018 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Typo
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #16
JLV

Quote:
Please remember, the Kickstarter project. Then we complete work. Then manufacturing. Then delivery. Not quite on the streets in eight months.

That said, Steve and the team have been working harder behind the scenes than we've let on. Shhhh. It's a secret.
True, but those things would be even more true of most other Kickstarters, so I'm still thinking the hard work was done in record time on what is a VERY complex project -- especially when you think about the way Steve designed TFT -- with everything interwoven and affecting multiple other aspects of the game and interacting with each other along the way. Not a trivial project at ALL. ;-)

Put another way, speaking as a lifetime fan of Steve, his work, and all of you at Steve Jackson Games; "You done good!"
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:56 PM   #17
AaronBurr

I really like that Steve has recruited Liz Danforth to do the art on the new player tokens. It fits with the "Legacy Edition" theme of the project. I'd also be interested in seeing new tokens with different art as a possible stretch goal as well as further expansion of The Fantasy Trip rules and possibly more settings/genre.

Christian
AaronBurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #18
Chris Rice

I think it’s important to understand that we will get all the things we want; a Bestiary, GM Screen, Cidri book, new adventures, alternative rules....if...the Kickstarter is a big success. If loads of people buy into the new edition Steve will have the incentive to produce more content. So spread the word; it’s no good for just a few old fans like me to back it. We need new blood and lots of it. So talk to your friends, run demo games, blog about it. Whatever, but get the word out!
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:01 PM   #19
ColBosch

Quote:

I've seen hints, here and there, of just how much work you all have been doing to get TFT back in print - no mean feat when you've also got the juggernaut of the Munchkin CCG happening!
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:13 AM   #20
David Bofinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
GM screeeeeeeeeeeeennnnn!!!!!
I think one of the best things about TFT is it doesn't need a GM screen. What would you put on it? Combat options, maybe. Not much else.
David Bofinger is offline   Reply With Quote