Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 02-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #101
tmedwards

Default Re: Updated / New Character Sheets

Announcing GM Control Sheet 2.05 (requires GCA 4.0.320 or later).

GM Control Sheet is always available for download from: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/gmcs/

See the site for features, examples, release notes, and other information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM Control Sheet 2.05 highlights:
  • Fixed an issue that would crash the sheet when printing any notable attack that had a radius of effect.
My apologies for a new release so soon after the last, however, this is a critical update.

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:30 PM   #102
tmedwards

Announcing GM Control Sheet 2.06 (requires GCA 4.0.320 or later).

GM Control Sheet is always available for download from: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/gmcs/

GM Control Sheet 2.06 highlights:
  • Added a new option to control the printing of dotted sub-item separator lines.
  • Fixed a problem with the Super-Effort portion of the ST stat, which resulted from the non-Super-Effort portion being erroneously added to it.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:18 AM   #103
tmedwards

Announcing GM Control Sheet 2.07 (requires GCA 4.0.320 or later).

GM Control Sheet 2.07 highlights:
  • Addressed some internationalization (i18n) issues.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #104
tmedwards

Announcing Phoenix 1.20 (requires GCA 4.0.342 or later).

Phoenix is always available from: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/phoenix/

Phoenix 1.20 highlights:
  • Added support for a new tag, skip(), which compliments the existing hide() tag.
  • Added the ability to display citations/footnotes in the Template/Ad/Disad blocks.
  • Added a new citation/footnote option which enables excluding trait bonuses from citations/footnotes. Useful for characters that have way too many trait bonuses.
  • Added two new styling options which enable changing the description/notes font color (plain text only) and forcing the description/notes to print as plain text, rather than the default RTF.
  • Added a new styling option which enables the ability to draw a GURPS logo, in the header of page one, instead of using a bitmap.
  • Extended the styling option which enabled the ability to print the character's spent points in the header of pages two and beyond to control whether both spent and unspent points print in the header of any/all pages.
  • Changed the Template/Ad/Disad blocks to no longer display complex mode information via the expanded details option.
  • Changed the delimiter character in user defined lists from the comma to the vertical-bar/pipe ("|"). This change was prompted by the increasing ability to use commas in trait names, among other areas.
  • Changed all blocks that print character description/notes and campaign log entry notes to provide better support for printing their contents as plain text, rather than RTF, whether by the new Phoenix option to force plain text or the GCA plain text option (i.e. "Save RTF blocks as plain text instead").
  • Changed various styling bits to better appear on actual paper printouts, as opposed to only appearing well on electronic printouts (e.g. PDF).
  • Moved the Font & Styling Options section to the top of the sheet options and merged in the contents of the Miscellaneous Options section, since they are, essentially, styling options.
  • Fixed a problem with the Super-Effort values of the ST and TK ST stats, which resulted from the non-Super-Effort values being added to them more than once.
  • Addressed more internationalization (i18n) issues.
See the full release notes for more information.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:12 AM   #105
flyingwombat

I have 4.0356 so how do I hide traits? On hidden options I clicked what traits I wanted hidden. So where do I get the printer not to print them?

help!

Edit I figured out that I needed to set the tags. Is there a way to prevent the point cost from hidden traits from being included in the total?

Last edited by flyingwombat; 06-08-2008 at 04:18 AM. Reason: update
flyingwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #106
tmedwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwombat
Is there a way to prevent the point cost from hidden traits from being included in the total?
Not automatically, no. The trait is merely hidden, as in not printed, it still affects the character, which includes applying its point cost to the character's totals.

If you want the effects that the trait has on other traits, but don't want it printed or to have it change the character's point totals, a few possible solutions are:
  • Zero the point cost of the hidden trait.
  • Add another hidden trait whose sole function is to negate the point cost of the original trait; if the cost negation trait has a negative cost, you'll probably want to flag it so that it doesn't affect the character's disad limit.
If, on the other hand, you simply don't want the trait to affect the character at all, say for different printouts (one with the trait, one without), it's probably easier to simply remove the trait when you don't want it to apply.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #107
flyingwombat

Thanks Thomas for the suggestions.
flyingwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #108
tmedwards

Announcing Phoenix 1.21 (requires GCA 4.0.371 or later).

Phoenix is always available from: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/phoenix/

Phoenix 1.21 highlights:
  • Added support for using Phoenix as the Quick View sheet. When used as the Quick View sheet, the printout should be WYSIWYG, except for the trait selection buttons and visual hints for editing hotspots, which only render in Quick View mode. Options are available under the Font & Styling Options section to control whether the visual hotspots are displayed and what their colors are.
  • Changed how character portraits are displayed: portraits will be centered within the printable area and will not be scaled up to fill the printable area, although dimensions (width and/or height) that exceed the printable area will still be scaled down.
See the full release notes for more information.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #109
Taellosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmedwards
[*]Changed how character portraits are displayed: portraits will be centered within the printable area and will not be scaled up to fill the printable area, although dimensions (width and/or height) that exceed the printable area will still be scaled down.
I think this is an overall improvement, but I think the ideal case would be to make the scaling up optional. I know I have one case, anyway, where the character portrait is a little bit small--enough so that it ought to be scaled up to fit the available space and won't suffer much pixelation, while resizing the source image is a hassle, because it's not obvious exactly what size the portrait area is.

Nevertheless, if that's too much trouble, I'll take this change happily. Drives me nuts how the portraits aligned to a corner. ;-)

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin
Taellosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:24 AM   #110
tmedwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taellosse
I think the ideal case would be to make the scaling up optional.
I think I should be able to add that as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taellosse
... resizing the source image is a hassle, because it's not obvious exactly what size the portrait area is.
I really should put that info into the Phoenix FAQ, at least for standard paper sizes anyway. Until then, in case anyone is interested, when printing in portrait orientation (not landscape) the pixel dimensions of Phoenix's portrait box are, roughly, 346–357 sq px (specifically: ISO A4 ≈ 346 sq px, CDN P4 ≈ 355 sq px, USA Letter ≈ 357 sq px).