Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-16-2017, 07:16 PM   #151
Humabout

Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Umm thanks but your giving me credit I don't deserve.
I have commented on various threads and made some suggestions but I don't recall anything I did on belt armor before this thread. And my Sealed suggestion was barely anything not worth a credit.
I have suggested a version of IT:DR to increase survivability and a few other IT variations for ships bought with points.
I stand corrected. I thought Id seen you do this before. Guess I confused your comments. Sorry, Ryujin!

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:44 PM   #152
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humabout View Post
I stand corrected. I thought Id seen you do this before. Guess I confused your comments. Sorry, Ryujin!
No problem man, there are no new things under this sun. Everything that has happened before will happen again heh. So it stands to reason that someone has thought of this idea before I did heh.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:55 PM   #153
Kalzazz

Well, how small of crew members do we need if we want a SM 0 Death Star? Or at least a SM 0 Cool Warship of some stripe

And I am very serious, as I play in a campaign where 'SM 0 alien ship and its teensy tiny crew' is a perfectly acceptable PC concept, so if it works out mechanically I'd totally give it a whirl (SM 0 is pretty vital, as if your not SM 0 you don't fit through doors, and fitting through doors is important)

I have no idea if it works out mechanically I admit
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:04 PM   #154
Phantasm

A person of SM -4 for a one-hamster SM 0 ball of mass destruction, I think, as that would scale to an SM +4 craft for a single SM +0 critter.

For a proper Death Star, you'd need SM -23 critters. Not really sure how small that is, but you're looking at not-Imskians-really.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:16 AM   #155
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Well, how small of crew members do we need if we want a SM 0 Death Star? Or at least a SM 0 Cool Warship of some stripe

And I am very serious, as I play in a campaign where 'SM 0 alien ship and its teensy tiny crew' is a perfectly acceptable PC concept, so if it works out mechanically I'd totally give it a whirl (SM 0 is pretty vital, as if your not SM 0 you don't fit through doors, and fitting through doors is important)

I have no idea if it works out mechanically I admit
Well if you're dead set on a hamsters, it's going to be hard to pull off using Spaceships since SM is based on mass. Now if you go off of Basic Set then a ship the size of a small coast guard cutter would be about man sized if shrunk down to rodent size heh. It would weight about 1.7 tons and have around ST/HP 60.

If we go off of mass though it's going to be SM+2.5 at lest.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
Old 03-17-2017, 06:25 AM   #156
Kalzazz

Ah, I thought SM was about length, not mass. I'm really more interested in length/width etc than mass since that determines can you fit through a doorway . . . mass is much less important if the ship can fly under its own power

Maybe small dwarf hamsters could crew it? A Roborovski hamster is 2in long vs nearly 2yds for a human (also dwarves are often good with technology, so it stands to reason dwarf hamsters would excel at crewing spacecraft)
Old 03-17-2017, 10:56 AM   #157
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Ah, I thought SM was about length, not mass. I'm really more interested in length/width etc than mass since that determines can you fit through a doorway . . . mass is much less important if the ship can fly under its own power

Maybe small dwarf hamsters could crew it? A Roborovski hamster is 2in long vs nearly 2yds for a human (also dwarves are often good with technology, so it stands to reason dwarf hamsters would excel at crewing spacecraft)
In Spaceships SM is tied to mass since its an abstract system (at lest on the surface but that was because keeping it a simple system was part of the mandate). But since you've said that you're making it a point build ship then yeah, use length. I'd only use the book to figure how to model its performance stats.

Now if it's going to fly around with normal people I'd give it some form of contra-gravity and maybe a reactionless drive to prevent your ship from stating fires on accident heh.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #158
Kalzazz

Huh? Where did I say I was making a point build ship? If I gave that impression I typed very wrongly

What I want to do is with points stat up Captain Dwarf Hamster, including sufficient levels of multimillionaire to buy the Hamster Ball from ship mart, but to stat the Hamster Ball as straight up gear . . . . since well, the idea of 'actually fits in dungeons' spacecraft is awesome

Admittedly that may be a horrible idea, but it's the idea I think sounds super awesome and made me want to post in this thread
Old 03-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #159
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Huh? Where did I say I was making a point build ship? If I gave that impression I typed very wrongly

What I want to do is with points stat up Captain Dwarf Hamster, including sufficient levels of multimillionaire to buy the Hamster Ball from ship mart, but to stat the Hamster Ball as straight up gear . . . . since well, the idea of 'actually fits in dungeons' spacecraft is awesome

Admittedly that may be a horrible idea, but it's the idea I think sounds super awesome and made me want to post in this thread
Oh, ok. Gotcha.

It is definitely a unique concept heh. In that case, see if you're GM is ok with you using the ships length for SM rather then its mass if building it with Spaceships (and if it's a sphere don't forget to add +2 to it's SM).

Old 03-23-2017, 10:35 AM   #160
The_Ryujin

Holy crap, is it Thursday already?

Open all hailing frequencies! In this weeks GURPSday post I show you how to stat up your own custom Ultra-Tech communicators.

Tags
blog, blogs, gurps day