Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Traveller

Old 02-15-2018, 11:32 PM   #1
doulos05

Default GURPS ISW Stats for the Akkigish Subsidized Merchant

OK, I've started banging around with GURPS Traveller again and I started work on converting some of the older vessels to the ISW system. I know Spaceships is the hotness, I playtested it and liked it. But the ISW system actually feels like Traveller. Spaceships feels different. Anyway, here's a link to a spreadsheet I created which has the GURPS ISW Stats. Also, this spreadsheet has much (not all) of the GURPS ISW ship design for ships up to roughly 1000 dTons automated. Here are the things that aren't set up:

Crew: The directions in the book consistently produce higher crew numbers for me than the examples provided. That tells me their either only meant as guidelines or I'm doing it wrong. In either case, it's something I shouldn't automate (someone else who understands it could automate it, but I shouldn't).

Weapons: Turret/Fixed Mount only. Oh, and I still need to link the formulas into the bottom two turret slots. Still a lot of work to do on that tab, much of it requiring some pretty impressive Google Sheets skills. I've got them when I have the time to crawl through the formula documentation, but I don't have that much time at the moment (an ironic statement from someone planning to convert all the ships with GT3E stats he can find to GT4E, lol). Once I get to something with more than 1 turret with weapons on it, I'll fix it.

DESIGN NOTES: This is not a 1:1 conversion, though I did my best. I kept all stats as close to the original as possible except for cargo, which is where all the slop ended up. Specific changes include:
Engineering was converted as a workshop.
There are 2 sickbays, one for each medic.
This version currently has two armed turrets. That was largely to test that my code worked.
The mass of the launch is it's lMass, not eMass.
The cargo bay is a full 100 dTons bigger. I'd appreciate someone looking over what I've done and making sure I didn't make any gigantic mistakes.

400 dTon Akkigish Subsidized Merchant
doulos05 is offline   Reply With Quote