Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-20-2018, 09:54 AM   #121
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

It does mean she gets a break, and the list winds down.

West: "So we have all this data, but there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it."

Kuse leans back "I'm checking out for 10 minutes. I'll be in the Galapagos."

Kuse closes her eyes, and is asleep in a chair in less than 2 seconds.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:22 AM   #122
Plane

(watching Kuse) "Is that a place she dreams of?"

"Mister West, I suppose I should report... I've been having some strange sensations recently, impulses to do things, some of which don't make any sense so I've ignored... is it possible that when people start acting oddly it's because the impulses grow too powerful to ignore and overwhelm their inhibitions?"
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:48 AM   #123
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

West: "No, that's a V-Room. Oh! you don't have an ANI. A V-Room is a place that the ANI makes it seem like you are but you are actually not. They save space, and let you experience things that would be very expensive in real-space. Galapagos is one of the more popular V-Room Resorts on the Beagle. We only have about 5000 people on board, so we have to all use the same V-Rooms. The Galapagos is named after some tropical islands the ship our ship is named after visited"

"No one else has reported any urges to do things... but they also don't remember anything about when they do weird things. What impulses have you been feeling?"

"You've got memory problems, so it may make sense that you would remember things differently than everyone else. So its possible that's how it feels to them, but that doesn't help us. What causes those impulses? what changed?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-31-2018, 11:03 PM   #124
Plane

"Vrooms sound like they'd be fun to try some day, but I feel like I'm already experiencing something adequately unusual..."

"I suppose being able to report strange urges before forgetting them is a good thing... I should do so before that changes. I felt like... maybe I had a tail? Like a phantom limb that is itchy?"

"It just happened when I came to help here. I don't know if that means it's something in this region of the ship, or maybe just becoming active and walking around instead of resting?"
Old 01-02-2019, 11:13 AM   #125
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"That is a good idea. Report into your ANI --- I mean your System Access Unit what the symptoms are. We'll go over them when the break is over"

"Why would an ailment start 'walking around'? We've had no direct contact with the planet yet... "Huh". We've checked to see if the effect rests in an area, and it doesn't, but we haven't seen if it only effects people close to one another...."

He stares off into space, his body freezing, his eyes shut, but keeps talking. "check trail of patient 0. Include all ailments. use 5 minute step. Yes, a five minute interval. I understand that's beyond standard requirements...."

Her System Access Unit Beeps, and a map is displayed on it. The map is of the station, with lots of dots, and lines connecting many of them into strings of dots.

West Opens his eyes. "That's a pattern! It does have a location! The location is erratic, it moves, and walls have nothing to do with it, but it has a location! I've got to get Kuse back!"

Old 01-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #126
Plane

"Something is... moving through walls... towards people when they are grouped together?" *seems confused by his brainstorming*

"How do we get her back from her Galapagos vacation?"
Old 01-03-2019, 08:49 AM   #127
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

West: "You're thinking of it like some sort of creature. Its an effect, not a thing. And it likes to spread from one person to another. The odd part is the condition is exhibiting some sort of maximum number of patients."

"She'll come back when the break is over. Actually, we're both supposed to be on break. I'll talk about it with her when she gets back."

Old 01-05-2019, 03:16 AM   #128
Plane

"well if it LIKES a certain behavior, thinking of it like a creature might not be the worst... anthropomorphizing has its uses..."

*pensive expression*

"Would Kuse be too tired to help if removed from her dream now?"
Old 01-07-2019, 08:38 AM   #129
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

West: "I'll see if I can pull her out. She's not dreaming. She's just virtual."

His eyes go blank and he looks like he fell asleep (once again, in about two seconds").

Olive is left in the room alone with the silent doctors.

Her System Access Unit beeps, and the faces of the doctors show up on it. At least Olive thinks its their faces. They seem quite a bit younger. And the pictures show them in a tropical resort.

Kuse's voice comes from the System Access Unit, and her character starts talking: "Those are some really odd numbers. They hold throughout all of this. Whatever the pathology, it does seem to be limited numerically and move through walls. That does suggest a physical phenomenon."

Old 01-08-2019, 09:24 AM   #130
Plane

"Can I make them hear me in there? I'm wondering how he knows there is a numerical limit."