Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > The Gnomes of Zurich > Gamer Finder

Old 03-22-2016, 06:11 PM   #1
Cpt_Clyde

Default Ottawa group?

I have been playing some GURPS online but have not gotten any face to face gaming in years.... and I miss it! I am wondering if anyone on here is in the Ottawa (west?) area and would be interested in trying to get a group going. Just to be clear, I am talking Ottawa, Ontario Canada.
Like many, I've been watching some of the "Critical Role" session videos and found myself inspired to get something going in GURPS. There is nothing they are doing that I figure we couldn't (granted Matt the DMs accents are pretty bang on) and we would benefit from using a decent system which even better allows creative gaming. With the right group I'd even be interested in recording it and would do the video editing if needed. But first things first.
A little about me and what I am looking for:
-I am 35 and have been RPing since I was 10.
-I have a day job and a young family so could only dedicate one night a week max. (Every other week would be better)
-No PvP! I would enjoy using team work to defeat challenges. Be they combat, social, mental whatever, as long as everyone is a team player.
-I enjoy doing different voices, accents and sound effects and can roleplay most any character, so am willing to make a team character.
-It is enjoyable to keep the game flow moving and avoid getting bogged down by excessive calculations and rolling.
-I enjoy GMing
-I enjoy keeping things PG-13 for the most part.
-I really enjoy high action scenes! As a GM I understand they can be hard to consistantly produce so I value them.
-I enjoy playing slightly cinematic flavoured genras: High Fantasy, Space Opera, Supers, Post Apocolypse. Not interested in Horror, or anything WoD style really.

If any of this sounds agreeable or fun, please say hello! maybe we can get a game going!
Cpt_Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:52 PM   #2
Teclis

Default Re: Ottawa group?

Hi,

Are you still looking for a GURPS Campaign to join in Ottawa?

I have been running a 3e one since January in Kanata. We started with Orc Slayer that I expanded into a full adventure similar to Caravan to Ein Arris but the whole party got killed by Reptile men. The players then decided they wanted to do a hard Science Fiction campaign so we switched to a TL10 Space campaign that has the look and feel of Star Frontiers but uses the GURPS Space Atlases. I also ran Orc Slayer at Cangames.

The current group usually plays every other week, however I want to start another group for a transitional Fantasy campaign that uses Magic, Fantasy Folk, Fantasy Bestiary, the three Magic Items books, Martial Arts, and Bestiary (also uses a bit of Religion, Creatures of the Night, Celtic Myth, and Middle Ages). The campaign would start with the expanded Orc Slayer, then go to Harkwood, followed by Tredroy. After that the players should be familiar enough with the setting that we can go to a long running King Maker type campaign in Yrth.
Teclis is offline   Reply With Quote