Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-05-2004, 06:09 PM   #1
Almafeta

Default GURPS Sahud

Has Sahud (from Yrth) ever had a book specifically published for it?
Almafeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:13 PM   #2
errant42

Default Re: GURPS Sahud

Not that I'm aware of. Even the write-up in Fantasy glosses over it in a paragraph or so, and makes it sound pretty uninteresting. I guess they didn't want to scatter their attention too much ... Yrth was a model of Medieval Europe, not Asia. Also, the Yrth setting was included in the Fantasy softcover, so they didn't have the space to go into too much detail on anything. Maybe it will get a little more attention in the upcoing Yrth hardcover for 4e, though I wouldn't count on anything more than a few pages at most.

EDIT: try GURPS Japan, second edition. The information there could easily be molded into a Sahud-like setting and dropped into an Yrth campaign. Same with China, although that's an older book, perhaps a little harder to find.

Last edited by errant42; 09-05-2004 at 07:15 PM.
errant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:22 PM   #3
Falco

No, it hasn't, largely because they tried to keep it incomprehensible to players, leaving details up to the GM.

They did, however, have an adventure dealing with Sahudese in Fantasy Adventures called, "Sahudese Fire Drill".
Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:36 PM   #4
Kaell

I actually like that there are areas not covered. They did this in Cyberworld as well, and I love that there are some areas left up to the GM to flesh out. I hate worlds where everything is predefined, because if you stray from what the books say, players often complain. If its not defined by a book, then they can't say anything when you make up something interesting.
Kaell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
banestorm