Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 12-19-2011, 02:16 AM   #151
The Colonel

Default Re: Your, best WTF moment in gaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Doing anything at all on a massive scale pollutes.
Elephants, partly because of inefficient digestion, cause major ecological destruction.
... as emphasised.
We talk about "pollution" as though it were optional, rather than an inevitable part of doing anything ... it's not whether we pollute, but what, where and how much...
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #152
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
... as emphasised.
We talk about "pollution" as though it were optional, rather than an inevitable part of doing anything ... it's not whether we pollute, but what, where and how much...
And how can we make it reversible and sustainable.
I emphasized large scale as an unintentional dig at how overpopulated we are. I don't mean that population has passed some arbitrary OMG limit. Just that the more there are the faster we use up set resources and destroy irreplaceable parts of the planet.
Our species, with its western every luxury under the sun obsession, is too much of a hummingbird on crack, when we should be a more sedate bear, but not necessarily a comatose sloth as some environmentalists demand... to use semi-coherent animal comparisons.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #153
jacobmuller

"It's not electrical, it uses batteries." As in, immune to EMP, surge, etc.
Maybe I'm wrong but that's a definite WTF moment for me.
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #154
jspade

This one was so epic it caused me to facepalm and I wasn't even in the game. (My roommates were.)

Fantasy campaign, and the party must sneak into the City of Evil Evilness, which is surrounded by the Desert of Desolate Desolation. In order to avoid being broiled by the sun, they had decided to travel under the cover of a darkness spell. This allowed them to stretch their limited water supply and survive the desert.

Problem is, as they approach the city, they realize that their spot of darkness would be visible from miles off, spoiling the whole "sneaking" part of sneaking into the City of Evil Evilness. After about an hour of wracking their brains, they arrive at a solution!

They could travel at night!

Then no one would be able to see the darkness field!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #155
Flyndaran
Untagged

For fellow lovers of memes, I think the one with Stewie Griffin sums it up perfectly.
Fnorded for those sensitive to mildly offensive rhetorical questions.
"Are you retarded?"
Old 01-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #156
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobmuller View Post
Wow, if you are going to ignore rules, then at least use the common definitions.
No matter how you read the rules or use basic English, that is simply wrong.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #157
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobmuller View Post
Many electrical devices shouldn't actually have the electrical disadvantage, such as your average electric motor (any high power electric device isn't that bothered by a transient power surge), but it's certainly not a particularly logical extrapolation unless you're thinking about not needing a surge protector against lightning bolts hitting the power lines...
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #158
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Many electrical devices shouldn't actually have the electrical disadvantage, such as your average electric motor (any high power electric device isn't that bothered by a transient power surge), but it's certainly not a particularly logical extrapolation unless you're thinking about not needing a surge protector against lightning bolts hitting the power lines...
Maybe it just has higher 1/3 HP.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #159
D10

Location: In Rio de Janeiro, where it was cyberpunk before it was cool.

GM today "you accuse me of GMing a high powered campaign, what was the last time you met a high power NPC other than the first session?"

US "The were with us throught most of the second session, and Antonimos is still with us!"

GM "grins"
D10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #160
digoraccoon

Default Re: Your Best WTF Moment in Gaming

In a past Gurps Supers game, I joined in a session late, making an alien bounty hunter who came to Earth for a wanted galactic criminal. The WTF moment was how the GM managed to get me to meet the team despite my derailing start:

My character's equipment was damaged in the flubbed landing on Earth and he had no Earth money to but needed materials to repair them. However, he disguised himself as a native and learned to barter food and water with a small group of homeless people under an Interstate overpass for materials (stolen goods) that my character could use to repair his equipment.

This same group of hobos were being bothered by a local street gang trying to expand their territory. I decided to help the homeless defend their... uh "home" by building them some improvised weapons (zip guns, pipe bombs, blades, etc). When the gang returned to chase off the hobos, I brought out my now functioning alien weapons.

Any my "Hobo Army".

The ensuing fight was enough for citizens to call out the police. An alien with weaponry that was making swiss cheese of their patrol cars was enough for the police to call out S.H.I.E.L.D. for help.

What I didn't know was that the other players were all Supers working for S.H.I.E.L.D. and boy was I shocked when they showed up to kick my arse and arrest me, LOL!
After an amusing interrogation, I was allowed to join the team provisionally because my bounty was the same one S.H.I.E.L.D. was currently investigating.

The Arbiters Conspiracy comics at its Fnordest.
digoraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad player, gaming, gun, wtf