Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-04-2015, 05:01 PM   #11
Crzyraccoon

Default Re: ETS and Computer Reading/Hacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Kind of comes down to how "hacking" works in the setting.

But it's probably worth noting that ETS is not Altered Time Rate, and doesn't let you do more things per unit time than your opponent. It's mostly just perception. Compare with the effects it has on physical combat: no extra attacks, or bonuses to attack, just the inclusion of of the defensive bonuses from Combat Reflexes.

The Gibsonian cyberspace netrunning analogue would be things like not getting surprised by black ice, and getting that small bonus to your defensive rolls to avoid the counterattacks.

If you're going the "digital telepathy" route, then use Mind Shields and the rules for taking over minds as for Telepathy. In that case, maybe you get the +1 bonus to Mind Shield, noticing intrusions and getting the blocks in place a bit faster.

But effects like being able to attack twice for every defense or taking half the time to do the job would be a benefit of ATR, or in this case Compartmentalized Mind.
Well ATR was banned at character creation, but it seem that ETS provoke no other bonuses from the forums so I got my answers, thank you.

No Sense of Humor [-10]
Crzyraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ets, robot, ultra tech