Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #11
Oinkinator

Default Re: OGRE DE FanMade New Units...

Ok here are the rules...

CYBERWALKER 14.00

14.01 The Cyberwalker. The Cyberwalker is a paneuropean ogre designed with legs instead of treads for better mobility. It is also with new weaponry including a Laser and Kinetic Charges (shockwave devices.)

14.02 Movement. Due to its legs the cyberwalker has great advantages in terrain maneuverability.

14.02.01 Speed. The Cyberwalker moves four spaces.

14.02.02 Cities and Swamps. Cities do not slow the Cyberwalker down as it can move over the tops of the buildings. It does not get stuck in swamps.

14.02.03 Water. It costs three movement points to enter water.

14.02.04 Craters. The Cyberwalker can enter craters at a cost of two movement points.

14.03 Legs Plates. The Cyberwalker has Leg Plates instead of tread units, they follow the same rules except that 1) They are not reduced when the Cyberwalker rams and 2) when being rammed by ogres they take one less die of tread damage than normal.

14.04 Laser. The Cyberwalker mounts a Laser in place of a Main Battery. It follows the rules of a laser but has a few differences.

14.04.01 Range. As its weight had to be reduced to preserve the Cyberwalker’s speed the Laser’s range is reduced to fifteen hexes.

14.04.02 Overruns. The Laser gets both the double bonus of the overrun and the double bonus of the Laser giving it an attack strength of eight in overruns.

14.05 Kinetic Charges. The Cyberwalker has another new development in technology, Kinetic Charges, installed in its legs. The Cyberwalker, during movement phase, may expend two movements points remaining in the same space and fire a Kinetic Charge mark it off on the record sheet as a missile. Note: if the Cyberwalker has only one movement point left it may not use any remaining kinetic charges, mark them off.

14.05.01 Damage Done to Armor Units. Each Amor Unit within a range of 1 suffers an attack of strength 2. They move immediately one hex away from the Cyberwalker in a straight line.
If they are moved into a crater or water and are not able to enter that terrain they become stuck for the remainder of the game.

14.05.02 Damage Done to Infantry. Each squad of infantry within range suffers a 1-2 attack, but is not moved back.

14.05.02 Damage Done to Ogres. Each Ogre within range suffers 1 die of tread damage but is not moved back.

14.05.04 Overruns. If the Cyberwalker is in an overrun and has 2 movement points remaining from its movement phase it may use a Kinetic Charge. This immediately ends the overrun each unit moves one hex away but suffers an attack of strength 3. Ogre lose two dice of tread units and each infantry squad suffers a 1-1 attack. At the end all units that were in the overrun should be within 1 space of the cyberwalker, but none should be in the same hex as it including friendly units.

Last edited by Oinkinator; 01-20-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Oinkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:03 AM   #12
gev

Seems like walker units would be better off with tons of 'legs'...
Like a millipede maybe.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:00 AM   #13
Oinkinator

Being custom made, it's not amazing but it works.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:30 PM   #14
Oinkinator

Since there's so much about Lasers here's another idea for a Laser.

Super Laser

The Super Laser is a laser tower powered by three generator installations.

When the Laser fires at a hex (within the parameters of a normal Laser Tower's range) a crater is placed in that hex and all units and buildings within are destroyed. A fallout one space around deals 2 damage that ignores defense multipliers.

Generators can be represented by CPs and placed any where on the map they have D1. For each generator destroyed the Super Laser loses power as such:

1 Generator destroyed: The Laser may only fire every other turn.

2 Generators destroyed: The Laser fires like a normal Laser Tower but at double strength (4.)

3 Generators destroyed: The Laser Tower reverts back to normal operations.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:41 AM   #15
ldj00

Hello,

It might just be a name, but instead of SuperLaser, how about PlasmaTower or FusionBeam?

You could string together some technobabble to justify it, like this:

"A high energy output laser is used to create the conditions (for a fraction of time) of a small fusion reaction. This creates a sphere of plasma that dissipates over a kilometer or two. This creates a crater and effectively eliminates enemy units in the target area. Though the initial reaction does not create any fallout, secondary reactions (fission) of materials in the target area might cause the radiation and fallout there from..."
Old 01-23-2015, 09:03 AM   #16
Oinkinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldj00 View Post
Hello,

It might just be a name, but instead of SuperLaser, how about PlasmaTower or FusionBeam?

You could string together some technobabble to justify it, like this:

"A high energy output laser is used to create the conditions (for a fraction of time) of a small fusion reaction. This creates a sphere of plasma that dissipates over a kilometer or two. This creates a crater and effectively eliminates enemy units in the target area. Though the initial reaction does not create any fallout, secondary reactions (fission) of materials in the target area might cause the radiation and fallout there from..."
Oh that's brilliant. Yes. That would definitely be a helpful way to justify it not having a cruise missile-like fallout. Maybe PFB: Particle Fusion Beam?
Old 01-23-2015, 11:07 AM   #17
Keithus

The Alternate Nightfall stuff I've been working on requires Stuttgart Huscarls, and Tim's are the nicest ones I've seen.

I was planning on getting additonal counters, new garage, maps... by the time I did the math it was cheaper to just take some of my fantasy football winnings and get a second copy of ODE. No kickstarter stuff in ths one, but I've already got that.

Made a Stuttgart Huscarl out of one of the 3-D models. There's a nice "cut here" line on the tower section that works out well. See the comparisons below:

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/2387304
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/2387307

Gonna use the discarded tower to build an underwater Ogre as soon as I find a decent base.

As long as we're dicing up cardboard, I figure it's easier to build a Manticore or Hydra from the flat Ogres, but I don't know if I'll do that. I like those sand/grey Ogres the way they are.

What I do have are WAY too many laser turrets/towers. How do we envision Tim's laser battery looking if I wanted to build one of them out of ODE pieces?
Keithus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:37 AM   #18
Oinkinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithus View Post
What I do have are WAY too many laser turrets/towers. How do we envision Tim's laser battery looking if I wanted to build one of them out of ODE pieces?
This would be made up of the multiple "linked" Lasers as Tim described. Try on map G1, Laser Towers:0621, 0820, 1021, 120, 1421, and Lasers:1214, 0614, 1517, 1416, 1118, 1017, 0918, 0817, 0718, 0317, 0216. Though this may be a tad extreme you should have enough lasers for it and it looks very impressive.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:40 AM   #19
Mack_JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkinator View Post
This would be made up of the multiple "linked" Lasers as Tim described. Try on map G1, Laser Towers:0621, 0820, 1021, 120, 1421, and Lasers:1214, 0614, 1517, 1416, 1118, 1017, 0918, 0817, 0718, 0317, 0216. Though this may be a tad extreme you should have enough lasers for it and it looks very impressive.
So in operation the single normal laser tower would fire and link its own fire to other firing towers, similar to the Death Star firing? (In terms of visuals, more than in gameplay).

Last edited by Mack_JB; 01-23-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #20
Oinkinator

Yes if all of them combine fire on a space (obviously hard due to the terrain restrictions on the turrets) their would be thirty two attack, Quite a hefty sum. Those combine infantry are going to have some trouble.