Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-03-2017, 08:31 PM   #11
Refplace

Default Re: How to be a GURPS GM reprint "being prepared" on Createspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Yes, we're using CreateSpace to print the copies of HTBAGGM that so many of you added on as part of your DF RPG Kickstarter pledge.

After we've printed and fulfilled all of those orders (to ship alongside physical copies of the DF RPG box), we plan to make HTBAGGM available for general purchase via Amazon and CreateSpace -- just like we're doing for Magic, Thaumatology, and Ultra-Tech.

ObDisclaimer: All plans subject to change at the whims of Fate and the Secret Masters.
Hmm. So CreateSpace is being used for a normal distribution type run and than POD afterwards?
This is really surprising, or is it the kickstarter run is too small to get the typical volume discounts? If not that could be a gamechanger for the industry as a whole.
Either way its probably great news for GURPS.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:19 AM   #12
Refplace

Added this to the 2017 Speculation Thread and in checking thing I see the other books set up for this have a link on thier GURPS Book page.
So we dont have to track the POD links but can decide right form there if we want digital, W23 or POD.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:42 AM   #13
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
This is really surprising, or is it the kickstarter run is too small to get the typical volume discounts?
Basically. By definition, you can see that the print run needed to satisfy the DF RPG backers cannot exceed 1,587 copies of HTBBAGM. And, obviously, it's smaller than that. By comparison, most large-scale printing companies deal with runs in the thousands if not tens or hundreds of thousands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
So we dont have to track the POD links but can decide right form there if we want digital, W23 or POD.
More accurately, you can decide if you want digital (W23), POD (CreateSpace*), or POD (Amazon*). We aren't doing POD for books that are still in print.

* These two are basically the same thing on the back end, but one may be more convenient for a given customer than the other.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
how to be a gurps gm, print on demand, reprint