Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 09-22-2019, 01:01 AM   #1
PatrickLipo

Default Car Wars Discord?

Hey, I'm a long-time (1983) Car Wars fan who's been on the lookout for a chat (Discord) server on the topic for the last several months. I've seen the GURPS server, but surprisingly nothing specific to the world of Autodueling. I feel like that's impossible given the dedicated fans of this game, so maybe there's one out there, but I haven't seen it.

I've had my own Discord for a little while now (selfishly, it's for my own PC game in development... seems like everyone has one these days) but we're also a community of isolated Car Wars players who enjoy talking about games past and present. Chatting about mechanics and world with them has been a blast so far, and I'd dig hearing even more. Hell, I'm happy to talk about any game where cars shoot other cars, but CW still is the grandpappy to me.

I'm interested in hearing about any CW Discords out there that exist... and I'd welcome anyone who's interested to join us at the Auto Combat Zone. I'll certainly expand the existing Car Wars channels as needed so you can talk about whatever catches your fancy. If you're new to Discord, it's easy to install or you can use the web interface, just click the link for the invite: Auto Combat Zone Discord

Thanks!
PatrickLipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 10:58 AM   #2
ParadoxGames

Default Re: Car Wars Discord?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLipo View Post
Hey, I'm a long-time (1983) Car Wars fan who's been on the lookout for a chat (Discord) server on the topic for the last several months. I've seen the GURPS server, but surprisingly nothing specific to the world of Autodueling. I feel like that's impossible given the dedicated fans of this game, so maybe there's one out there, but I haven't seen it.

I've had my own Discord for a little while now (selfishly, it's for my own PC game in development... seems like everyone has one these days) but we're also a community of isolated Car Wars players who enjoy talking about games past and present. Chatting about mechanics and world with them has been a blast so far, and I'd dig hearing even more. Hell, I'm happy to talk about any game where cars shoot other cars, but CW still is the grandpappy to me.

I'm interested in hearing about any CW Discords out there that exist... and I'd welcome anyone who's interested to join us at the Auto Combat Zone. I'll certainly expand the existing Car Wars channels as needed so you can talk about whatever catches your fancy. If you're new to Discord, it's easy to install or you can use the web interface, just click the link for the invite: Auto Combat Zone Discord

Thanks!
Of course, I'll join your Discord server! I run the The Fantasy Trip and Ogre servers, and was hoping one for Car Wars and other combat games
(that is also friendly to CW Classic) would emerge. I hope it becomes a vibrant place as Car Wars makes a resurgence.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:32 PM   #3
PatrickLipo

Awesome. Glad to have another on board. Classic or new, all Cars and all Wars are welcome.
PatrickLipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:27 PM   #4
svawter

I'm in, been playing since (at least) the original pocket box edition up through 4th ed (didn't like not having ability to build custom cars in 5th ed!)

Staying hopeful for 6th Ed Kickstarter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLipo View Post

Thanks!
svawter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #5
vripley

I recently created an unofficial Car Wars Discord server and would love to have y'all join! The server is brand new with very little content, but I imagine it will grow rapidly over the next few months.

If you dig, you can join it here:
https://discord.gg/3r4R7cq

Last edited by vripley; 12-16-2019 at 12:19 PM.
vripley is offline   Reply With Quote