Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2019, 06:31 PM   #23
Steve Plambeck

Default Re: TFT Errata for Hexagram #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
It hasn't been left out of LE; it's still there on p102 of ITL at the start of the section on Options. It's also in the new editions of Melee and Wizard. The statement is not exactly as you've written but makes it clear you CAN change options subject to restrictions.
That new paragraph on ITL 102 isn't nearly as comprehensive as the original one I quoted above.

In particular, changing options to Defend after moving up to half MA appears to be illegal except for the explicit example in that original paragraph, as does Drop.

And nothing else in the rules anywhere clarifies the system as succinctly as the one statement: "If you moved 0 or 1 hex, you may switch to any option you could have taken when the turn began". That's an important principle that covers all the options without needing examples.

Heck, that paragraph should be retained in Legacy editions because it was just brilliant writing by Steve Jackson, and it's historically significant to TFT's legacy.