Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-28-2020, 03:28 PM   #1
kirbwarrior

Default Create w/ Rapid Fire

To Create at a range, you add Ranged to it. Seems simple enough. But Ranged comes with a number of assumptions, namely here that it has RoF and Recoil. How exactly does RoF work with Create? Is it just like any other attack and the create happens RoF times with Recoil helping decide if I hit the right area?
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:49 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: Create w/ Rapid Fire

RoF is 1 and to add increased RoF you would need an enhancement. Since the base power comes with a FP cost I'd require that be applied if I allowed it at all.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:20 PM   #3
kirbwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
RoF is 1 and to add increased RoF you would need an enhancement. Since the base power comes with a FP cost I'd require that be applied if I allowed it at all.
Right. My current character has a bunch of various attacks, all with Link and RoF 20, and I was wondering how that would look on Create. I just wasn't sure if this would make 20 instances of Create or 1/20 of one instance of Create in 20 places.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:21 AM   #4
DangerousThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
Right. My current character has a bunch of various attacks, all with Link and RoF 20, and I was wondering how that would look on Create. I just wasn't sure if this would make 20 instances of Create or 1/20 of one instance of Create in 20 places.
I would require 20 times the normal create. If I was being generous, I'd require the ROF bonus as an FP modifier.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:20 AM   #5
kirbwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousThing View Post
I would require 20 times the normal create. If I was being generous, I'd require the ROF bonus as an FP modifier.
My apologies, I'm not sure what this means. You would require 20 levels of Create? You'd treat the RoF as FP?
Old 03-31-2020, 10:46 AM   #6
Plane

Quote:
Does anyone recall if this situation was discussed anywhere?

Closest I can recall is P100's discussion of Area Effect:
If the advantage has a FP cost, multiply this by the radius in yards.
There's a 2009 thread http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=55566 where vicky said per-second and kuroshima said per-attack so either way nobody was saying per-shot but I'd love to write down a page number or krommpost for it.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:11 PM   #7
DangerousThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
My apologies, I'm not sure what this means. You would require 20 levels of Create? You'd treat the RoF as FP?
Kirbwarrior was saying "Right. My current character has a bunch of various attacks, all with Link and RoF 20, and I was wondering how that would look on Create. I just wasn't sure if this would make 20 instances of Create or 1/20 of one instance of Create in 20 places."

I am saying that I would require an FP cost of 20 times the original FP cost of the power. Or maybe an FP cost multiplier equal to the RoF bonus (from rapid fire). I still have to think about this.

I just don't like putting rapid fire on Create.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:39 PM   #8
kirbwarrior

Quote:
I am saying that I would require an FP cost of 20 times the original FP cost of the power. Or maybe an FP cost multiplier equal to the RoF bonus (from rapid fire). I still have to think about this.

I just don't like putting rapid fire on Create.
Ah, okay, that makes a lot more sense, thanks. Considering that Create scales nonlinearly, the RoF bonus is likely the closest comparison to buying Create up to the 'same amount'. I never even considered it before, I just noticed that Ranged always gives RoF (well, 1) and thus could be modified. It definitely changes Healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
There's a 2009 thread http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=55566 where vicky said per-second and kuroshima said per-attack so either way nobody was saying per-shot but I'd love to write down a page number or krommpost for it.
I think the easiest way to determine it is remove RoF, figure out costs, then put RoF back on it and (optionally) divide total cost among RoF.