Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-25-2018, 08:31 PM   #41
acrosome

Default Re: [AtE] Wasteland vehicle improvised weaponry

The Australian Army used to make very extensive use of the M113. They made FSVs (fire support vehicle) by bolting a Saladin turret on them, and all sorts of other interesting variants. Actually, they bolted almost any available turret on them at one point or another- V150s, Scorpions, etc. And I think it was the Australians that invented the ACAV.

Unless the Australians sold all of them to some even more cash-strapped military, of course.

Really, the Australians have worked regular miracles on a really tight budget, regarding their military.

Pity about the Austeyr, though. I have yet to meet a Digger with anything good to say about it.

Last edited by acrosome; 10-28-2018 at 08:06 PM.
acrosome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:19 PM   #42
Rupert

Default Re: [AtE] Wasteland vehicle improvised weaponry

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrosome View Post
Pity about the Austeyr, though. I have yet to met a Digger with anything good to say about it.
That's because it's just not a very good rifle, and the early Aussie-made examples had some poor quality control as well.

Also, with a fairly consistent defence budget of around 2% of Australia's GDP, their defence forces aren't really that cash-strapped (Australia is a very wealthy country, per capita). What it is, is stretched over a lot of coastline.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."

Last edited by Rupert; 10-25-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ate, piat