Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #1021
Dalillama

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"How many mortals are we talking about here? Other than the Shedim and who I'm wearing. I like the idea in principle, but I won't protect a Disneyland-sized crowd."

<<Vaya con Dios then>> Ryuki thinks to Glen over the mental party line, trusting that any Californian knows that phrase. <<Banishing...I will have to teach you the fast way if you're going to keep hanging around with us.

<<Zahirah, Mitch, you in a safe-ish place? You need Essence? Glen's got plenty at the moment but he doesn't do war zones well.>>
<<That would certainly be nice, yeah. Anyone who's getting Essence from me had better get it fast, because I am officially out of here as of now.>> He heaves his captive through the gate, getting ready to follow after him. He will also still grab a tranq gun if Nisroc is holding them out in a way that that's feasible.
(OOC: I would be amazed in any American from anyplace didn't recognize at least the gist of "vaya con dios" honestly)
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #1022
alexondria

<<I am ok. I've made arrangements for Sunea, Glen, and Ryuki to leave safely>>
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #1023
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
<<I am ok. I've made arrangements for Sunea, Glen, and Ryuki to leave safely>>
<<I am not leaving. I will leave the field when we all leave, not before.>>
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #1024
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
<<Suit yourself, pretty lady. I'm going to get while the getting is good.>>
On this note, he follows his 'package' through the gate at his best turn of speed.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #1025
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Zahirah would nod, "Just remember my cooperation is hinged on their survival, and my time is extended if I have to survive trauma before carrying out our deal"
"You drive a hard bargain. You know I admire that." She leads Zahirah and Mitch towards the front door, where she encounters the two stuck demons. Mildly annoyed, she then leads the two of you through the garage, using only the pedestrian doors. The garage stinks of gas but she doesn't react to it. She goes to pass the two charred corpses but stops to examine them a moment.

Quote:
<<I am ok. I've made arrangements for Sunae, Glen, and Ryuki to leave safely>>
Quote:
<<Then you're elected to drag Eumolpius off the field>> Nisroc thinks with a grin. <<Or Corat, if Eu's already upstairs.>>

<<You have my gratitude, Sister.>> Ryuki's inner voice is almost courtly. <<Glen's gone but he left our Essence batteries. I've got a shielded shirt in my bag, so I'll just change into it and head out and give Kane some, while things are still peaceful.>>

<<NO>> Nisroc's voice is a command. <<Show me these 'batteries' and I'll have the Kyrio transfer it. You get inside.>>

<<No, I need to go out. If I can hear this demon's voice in person, see him with my own eyes, I can summon him later. Glen, get me a real name for it.>>

Corat's amused, even at the insubordination. <<More brave than wise>> he muses.

Nisroc disagrees. <<More proud than prudent...but we'll argue that later.>>

<<The 'batteries' are the two captive demons in the front doorway. I'll tell them to give it up.>> Ryuki transmits the idea that he's already digging through his bag for that shirt.
---

'Uncle Josh' meanwhile is Singing again, renewing the Harmony. "Now, the way I see it we've got a couple of messes that you need to clean up. Actually Ruby, who administers L.A., needs to..."

Her voice comes from around the corner. "I'll be right there. Just seeing if your favorite soldier has bought the farm."

'Uncle Josh' doesn't seem to care. "There's Kingman's things that were looted, Kingman you killed (though that was a matter of time), the bodies piled up here, and that little fiasco in the cemetery last November..oh yeah, and the decapitated sorcerer that came with that. You've been naughty busy little bees, and she hasn't stopped you. We need to work on this. Nobody wants open warfare, but we are sorely provoked."
Old 02-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #1026
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
'Uncle Josh' doesn't seem to care. "There's Kingman's things that were looted, Kingman you killed (though that was a matter of time), the bodies piled up here, and that little fiasco in the cemetery last November..oh yeah, and the decapitated sorcerer that came with that. You've been naughty busy little bees, and she hasn't stopped you. We need to work on this. Nobody wants open warfare, but we are sorely provoked."
"Can't say nothin' 'bout the graveyard stuff, wasn't there," Kane drawls. "Kingman's death, I'd call a suicide, if you take my meanin'." After all, trying to loose a killer spirit when several angels have the drop on you ain't exactly self-preservation, he thinks on the Battle band.

"Far as the stuff goes ... well, a thief sounds kinda stupid yellin' that he got robbed, don't he? And as for the guys here, let's be honest. None of 'em came here lookin' for a Sunday School picnic. Tell me they didn't come down thinkin' they'd get to stomp a couplea helpless victims into the next life, and I'll call you a liar."

All the while, he's quietly testing the limits of the Harmony Song, seeing if his Will can find an open chink. Violence may be unthinkable under the Song's influence ... but failure to fulfill an Oath is unthinkable any time.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #1027
ladyarcana55

Quote:
<<Then you're elected to drag Eumolpius off the field>> Nisroc thinks with a grin. <<Or Corat, if Eu's already upstairs.>>
<<They are both here. You're not going to stay?>>
Old 02-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #1028
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
<<They are both here. You're not going to stay?>>
<<I can't let myself be seen. Spies, remember? I'm staying right here, keeping the door open, holding a passel of dart guns. Hey Ryuki, as long as you're being insubordinate and going into the battle, why don't you pick up these guns and take them out there?>>

<<Hmmmm...>>
Old 02-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #1029
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

<<Just a thought,>> Kane sends out on the Battle channel. <<If I were to hug Uncle Josh out here, what might happen if I turned to stone in the middle of it?>> While he can't directly advocate violence, even from the rest of the team, the thought is now out there ...

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #1030
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
<<Just a thought,>> Kane sends out on the Battle channel. <<If I were to hug Uncle Josh out here, what might happen if I turned to stone in the middle of it?>> While he can't directly advocate violence, even from the rest of the team, the thought is now out there ...
<<Are you serious?>>

Tags
in nomine