Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 10-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #401
Damise

Default Re: Member House Rules

Noob here, just started playing recently with some friends. We've gotten really into the game and love the ambiguity involved in some of the cards and rules. One rule we have made as a group is our "backpack rule". We have decided that the number of items you can hold in your backpack should be regulated. However, we didn't want to have a flat number. So, we landed on your backpack being able to hold 3 items from levels 1-3 and then once you get to level 4, your backpack is equal to your highest level achieved. It's a minor rule but it makes for some crazy fights as people get to higher and higher levels.
Damise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #402
Matthew

We have a rule that's very interesting. When you die, after they loot all your treasure cards, you don't get new ones. So all you have is your level bonus to try and beat any monsters to get you started again. It's a massive struggle.
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:14 AM   #403
stopyelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
We have a rule that's very interesting. When you die, after they loot all your treasure cards, you don't get new ones. So all you have is your level bonus to try and beat any monsters to get you started again. It's a massive struggle.
I played like that one. It was very Munckiny. I asked everyone if they wanted to play with this rule, they agreed. I proceeded to fight a monster I couldn't beat (Looking for trouble) then lost. After loosing I played Rocks Fall. Everyone dies. which can only be played after losing a battle.

After 20 min of no one beating any monsters, we stopped playing.

http://imgur.com/Z95Hk - Make everyone know I am boss while playing
stopyelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #404
cree128

A VERY MUNCHKINLY HALLOWEEN:

-On Halloween both the Scary Helmet thing (The pumpkin head from de-ranged)
and The Jason looking helmet from Need for steed, are worth an extra +5 Bonus
Old 10-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #405
cree128

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopyelling View Post
After loosing I played Rocks Fall. Everyone dies. which can only be played after losing a battle.
What set is Rocks Fall from?
Old 10-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #406
Signboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cree128 View Post
What set is Rocks Fall from?
It's from the "Munchkin Reloaded" booster.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:47 PM   #407
stopyelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signboy View Post
It's from the "Munchkin Reloaded" booster.
I almost always play with x2 Reloaded boosters when playing with more than 500 cards

http://imgur.com/Z95Hk - Make everyone know I am boss while playing
stopyelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #408
Molloy

Does anyone use any specific Epic/Blender rules? I'm thinking of implementing something like "You can only have a total of two classes/accents/loyalties/races/etc." Powers work as normal, cards like half-breed bend this rule as normal. We always have one person who tends to get crazily overpowered and are trying to combat that.
Molloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:08 AM   #409
Brugist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molloy View Post
Does anyone use any specific Epic/Blender rules? I'm thinking of implementing something like "You can only have a total of two classes/accents/loyalties/races/etc." Powers work as normal, cards like half-breed bend this rule as normal. We always have one person who tends to get crazily overpowered and are trying to combat that.
When we play to epic, you can only get levels from one monster per combat. So even if you get overpowered enough to beat the Sparkly Good Fairy, plus Great Cthulhu, plus Cowthulhu, etc, you'd only get the 2 levels off one of the cards. That way, no one can get 6-7 levels in one go. (Or if you fought a monster who rewarded one level and one who rewarded two, you would choose the two levels of course). You can play as many GUALS and such as you have, but we find this makes the games alot fairer.
Brugist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #410
LordArach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molloy View Post
You don't have the Ultra Munchkin or 1/3 Breed cards then?

Praise "Bob"!
LordArach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice