Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
watsonsword

Default Custom Mods to Patron + Reputation Issue

I'm making custom mods to Patron and Reputation, and am I trying to determine how they would work.

The patron mods are...

Inaccessible: The patron has its own domain/territory that it cannot leave. It cannot come to you, period. It can only help you when you are in its domain/territory. I figured -50% since Highly-Accessible is +50%.

Obedient: The opposite of Minimal-Interference. An obedient patron will do its best to fulfill almost any request unless it's absurd (kill yourself, make me king of the world, etc.) This one I’m having a bit of trouble with. Should this be +50% or +100%?

As the for the reputation mods, this character is Zeroed, but has a Reputation as an online personality. What would be its gameplay effects in terms of recognition, allies, enemies, etc?

Last edited by watsonsword; 11-05-2017 at 11:11 AM.
watsonsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Custom Mods to Patron + Reputation Issue

I believe that your inaccessible modifier has already appeared in print under a different name but the same value, in I think, the Pyramid article by Christopher Rice about headquarters as Patrons.

Obidient could be looked at as Minimum Intervention plus Reliable +16 which would work out to be 110%, so 100% seems about correct.

Your character has Zeroed and an Alternate Identity, the reputation goes with the Alternate Identity.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:34 AM   #3
watsonsword

Oh, but there's a slight problem with the Alternate Identity. The online persona has no legal documentation, so the character cannot use this identity for bank accounts, travel documents, etc. Yet Enemies can still try to track this person down through their online movements.

Last edited by watsonsword; 11-05-2017 at 11:37 AM.
watsonsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:39 AM   #4
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsonsword View Post
Oh, but there's a slight problem with the Alternate Identity. The online persona has no legal documentation, so the character cannot use this identity for bank accounts, travel documents, etc. Yet Enemies can still try to track this person down through their online movements.
I think there might already be a perk version of Alternate Identity, but if there isn't, this is it.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote