Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #21
b-dog

Default Re: [DF] Anyone use the In Nomine cosmology for your DF game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf23k View Post
A nice idea. Another idea would be to fit the In Nomine cosmology onto a world that's somewhat compatible...

...Like, say, Yrth?

Using the "Ethereals build a refuge with Lost Souls" concept, it could be adapted well enough here. What if the Ethereal Gods found Yrth and other worlds by delving through the Ethereal, and caused the Banestorm to try and create a shelter for themselves and their followers.

Unfortunately, they ended up bringing over a whole lot of Monotheists, who brought with them the attention of Heaven and Hell. Mind you, this is a perfect excuse for adding a Neo-Egyptian or "Groman" (Greek+Rome) Nation in an isolated corner of Yrth.
I think it would be really cool to have something like Yrth where you have the holy warriors of DF being the Knights Templar and Hospitalar. Also having the church be connected to the clerics would be interesting. I imagine the Knights Templar as scouring the lands to rid it of demon worshipping cults which to me would be pretty cool.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #22
LoneWolf23k

One aspect of the cosmology I'd change, however, is adding to the Demonic Hordes beyond the Demon Bands of In Nomine. I'd separate the Fallen from the rank-and-file demons of Hell, native creatures of the Abyss which could more easily be summoned by Magic. Summoning a Fallen would require a separate, more challenging spell, which I'd design based on either the Planar Summons spell, or the Summon/Bind spells out of GURPS Cthulhupunk.
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #23
b-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf23k View Post
One aspect of the cosmology I'd change, however, is adding to the Demonic Hordes beyond the Demon Bands of In Nomine. I'd separate the Fallen from the rank-and-file demons of Hell, native creatures of the Abyss which could more easily be summoned by Magic. Summoning a Fallen would require a separate, more challenging spell, which I'd design based on either the Planar Summons spell, or the Summon/Bind spells out of GURPS Cthulhupunk.
The separation sounds sort of like AD&D where demons are born out of the Abyss which is a primordial source of evil and the devils are the fallen.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine