Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #11
SithMasterZaid

Default Re: Search Bonus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
How is that not entirely clear? That sentence from the callout box couldn't get any clearer. I can almost see through it. . .
Well obviously I had a blinding curse put on me as soon as I opened the Munchkin box... thus making it quite difficult for me to thoroughly read the rules... so I will not accept any fault for my misreadings! I will blame yall for leaving rogue curses just floating around in your game boxes! Also... did I mention this is my first ever 'Dungeons and Dragons' type game? The amount of detail in these rules is a bit overwhelming for someone who is new to such a game!

BUT NOW I AM A MASTER... I AM GOD!!! Well... the GM at least... same thing.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #12
MunchkinMan

The issue was not so much whether it was obvious, but Palmer's statement pointed out a sentence which is perfectly clear after it stating it wasn't clear, implying that the following sentence wasn't necessarily clear. Now, I will admit that the rules, overall, could have some improved clarity with respect to this, but that particular sentence was absolutely clear. :-)
MiB #1029
Old 07-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #13
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithMasterZaid View Post
Also... did I mention this is my first ever 'Dungeons and Dragons' type game?
Except for the fact that it vaguely parodies D&D, how is MQ a "D&D type game"? It's a board game, not a RPG. It's more like a cross between HeroQuest and Zombies!.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #14
SithMasterZaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Except for the fact that it vaguely parodies D&D, how is MQ a "D&D type game"? It's a board game, not a RPG. It's more like a cross between HeroQuest and Zombies!.
It's like D&D for the sole purpose that I have no idea what HeroQuest and Zombies! are! Everyone knows D&D... duh!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #15
Nerftw

I think the issue is that this is a board game, where as D&D is played mostly with a set of dice, a rulebook, and a sheet of paper.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #16
SithMasterZaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerftw View Post
I think the issue is that this is a board game, where as D&D is played mostly with a set of dice, a rulebook, and a sheet of paper.
This game also contains all those materials... even the paper... I've yet to play a game of MQ without some paper handy... both to help add/subtract all the craziness that goes on at the Boss Battles!

Plus I tend to write down any questions/confusions that I have about the game to look up afterwards or have the nifty people on this forum answer for me... mostly the latter though!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:00 AM   #17
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithMasterZaid View Post
This game also contains all those materials... even the paper... I've yet to play a game of MQ without some paper handy... both to help add/subtract all the craziness that goes on at the Boss Battles!
You also use paper and pencil when playing Spades, Clue or Yahtzee.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:17 AM   #18
MunchkinMan

Reining it all in now. The original purpose of this thread had nothing to do with what MQ was like. Let's assume that SithMasterZaid meant D&D-themed, not D&D-like and go on about or day as if nothing else happened. Perhaps anyone that feels the need to apologize to someone could do it in a PM. Okay? I know, I asked a question and closed the thread, but I assume the answer is "yes," because the answer is "yes."
MiB #1029
Closed Thread