Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 06-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #21
DSumner

Default Re: Villains & Vigilantes is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj View Post
By coincidence, I sent them an email a few hours ago.

I was never an FGU employee, but as a freelancer I hung out in the offices a lot. Many of the employees went on to other things. Tom Dowd, the stock boy, and Bob Charette, the staff artist, did a game called . . . man, what was it. Oh yeah, Shadowrun.

Another artist, who worked with Jeff previously at TSR, was Bill Willingham. He went on to create the phenomenal Fables comics.
Don'e forget Jill Thompson, (She went on to be a comic artist for DC Comics, drawing the Wonder Woman comic for a while); Janet Jackson (she went on to be a comic colorist for DC Comics); Matt Wagner (comic artist); and Patrick Zircher (gaming and comic artist).

"Death is certain, life is not."

"No one assails me without punishment"
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #22
DSumner

Default Re: Villains & Vigilantes 2.1 is now available

IT’S BACK! VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ 2.1 ON SALE NOW!
June 27th, 2010 | by Jack
Posted In: Monkey House News

Official Press Release- June 27, 2010

MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ HAS BROUGHT BACK VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™!

Many couldn’t believe it, but just as promised- today, June 27, 2010- MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ has revived the classic, industry-changing superhero role-playing game VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ by releasing version 2.1 through RPGNow.com.

“We are calling this version 2.1 because it is only an incremental step from the 1982 Revised Edition. In this version we fix some tragically ill-placed typos, repair a few problems from the 1982 edition and include just a couple of rules additions.” MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ co-founder and VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ co-designer Jeff Dee said.

When asked about the art, Dee revealed “It features a cover I drew back in 1985 that I had always intended to put on a future edition of Villains and Vigilantes. Apart from that, the art is all new, created specifically for this version. All of it features pre-established characters from the V&V Universe. If you had a favorite character I drew in V&V, you’ll probably see them in here. The art gives you a clearer and deeper look into our world then you have ever seen before.”

“For our company’s first release, we wanted to deliver the same kind of experience players remember from the original game. It is basically still the same make and model, but it has been tuned up, just a little tricked out, and has a smokin’ new paint job.” Co-founder of MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ and VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ co-designer Jack Herman added. “It’s everything you enjoyed about Villains and Vigilantes, only more so.”

VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ 2.1 is on sale now. The release date for the first V&V™ 2.1 adventure INTERCRIME: HOSTILE TAKEOVER™ is July 4, 2010. They will both be sold through RPGnow.com.

Visit the MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ Store at RPGnow:

http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3246

VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ is the classic tabletop superhero role-playing game created by Jeff Dee and Jack Herman. Both VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ and INTERCRIME: HOSTILE TAKEOVER™ are trademarks of MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™.

MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ is the game company created by Jeff Dee and Jack Herman for the release of all material relating to the VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ Universe, and is the exclusive source for officially authorized VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ role-playing game material.

For further information, please visit www.monkeyhousegames.com or just type www.villainsandvigilantes.com into your browser

Stay connected with VILLAINS AND VIGILANTES™ and MONKEY HOUSE GAMES™ on Facebook.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #23
AOTA

I'll have to check this out. I have many fond memories of that game. Loved reading the modules.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #24
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTA View Post
I'll have to check this out. I have many fond memories of that game. Loved reading the modules.
In addition to Intercrime: Hostile Takeover, they're supposed to have more modules in the pipeline.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #25
stefanj

I sent out a letter which will hopefully lay the groundwork to getting the rights back to my three V&V modules (From the Deeps of Space, Pentacle Plot, Opponents Unlimited).

I'd have to rewrite them before re-release; they're not up to my current standards.

And, dang it, I've got a few ideas for villains and an adventure boiling in my head.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #26
DSumner

Quote:
I sent out a letter which will hopefully lay the groundwork to getting the rights back to my three V&V modules (From the Deeps of Space, Pentacle Plot, Opponents Unlimited).

I'd have to rewrite them before re-release; they're not up to my current standards.

And, dang it, I've got a few ideas for villains and an adventure boiling in my head.
So, does this mean we can look forward to some new material form you?

Old 06-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #27
stefanj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner View Post
So, does this mean we can look forward to some new material form you?
Like I said, I've got ideas. Whether they see print (well, PDF), it's up to Jack and Jeff!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #28
Ze'Manel Cunha

Quote:
Rewriting that stuff would mean REALLY rewriting them. I wrote that stuff on a TYPEWRITER.
I recently hooked up a new printer, since it came with new ink and basically cost as much as a set of ink refills for my old one, and tried out the OCR software which came with, and I have to say, the technology has gotten impressive, very, very fast and very accurate.

Just take your old stories, pop them into the scanner, and then edit them in Word, should save some tedious typing.
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #29
stefanj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha View Post
I recently hooked up a new printer, since it came with new ink and basically cost as much as a set of ink refills for my old one, and tried out the OCR software which came with, and I have to say, the technology has gotten impressive, very, very fast and very accurate.

Just take your old stories, pop them into the scanner, and then edit them in Word, should save some tedious typing.
Good to know, but I'd really SHOULD rewrite all the old stuff in this case. I could do a lot better.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #30
DSumner

Quote:
Good to know, but I'd really SHOULD rewrite all the old stuff in this case. I could do a lot better.
I'm interested in seeing what you come up with now, as well as anything you may get to revise.

Tags
supers