Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
Lamech

Default Re: Questions about Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post
So it seems like Cosmic, +100% to enhance Terror.
Sweet. Thanks a bunch!
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
Keiichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I think he means treating Stress as a Hazard.
Well, to be honest i was more thinking along the lines of the results of stress, with all the adrenaline, heartrate and the likes, so I thought to simply go for the results again, my bad, i think i missed the fright check.

Besides, the higher results on the Fright-check Table pretty much do what you re searching for... permanent attribute loss and the likes.

By the way (I m assuming you' re statting a monster, if you are statting an NPC please ignore what i m about to say), why do you stat the effects? Just tell em :)
Old 04-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #13
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi View Post
Well, to be honest i was more thinking along the lines of the results of stress, with all the adrenaline, heartrate and the likes, so I thought to simply go for the results again, my bad, i think i missed the fright check.

Besides, the higher results on the Fright-check Table pretty much do what you re searching for... permanent attribute loss and the likes.

By the way (I m assuming you' re statting a monster, if you are statting an NPC please ignore what i m about to say), why do you stat the effects? Just tell em :)
I was just curious. GURPS seems to have stuff for all sorts of stuff, so to give potential powers, even suggest them and leave out how to do it seemed weird.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
David Johnston2

The whole point of Corrupting attacks is to have a threat to the character's PC status. Once the corruption proceeds all the way, NPC. It's literally a fate worse than death. (Because you know, at least with death there's a potential for resurrection in that kind of game and failing that, some kind of afterlife.) In order to have a Corrupting attack one must already be totally Corrupt and therefore an NPC.

And it's not as if they actually make the character more powerful. They don't increase your chance of winning, or your social influence or anything.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corruption, powers