Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-29-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
evikour

Default Freudian Slippers

I have three questions regarding the Freudian Slippers:

1) Can I change my gender using the Freudian Slippers during a battle?

2) I am female and at some point I use the Freudian Slippers to declare that I become male. After a couple of rounds (as male) I decide to sell the Freudian Slippers. Do I remain male for the rest of the game? Do I get the -5 penalty because male is not my original gender? The card says if you lose the item you get the penalty, but does it mean forced to lose or selling/trading is included?

3)If something (Curse/Bad Stuff etc..) forces me to change my sex while I have the Freudian Slippers in play do I still ignore it?
evikour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Freudian Slippers

Freudian Slippers allow you to appear whatever sex (male or female) that you want, but it's not a change. However, if you want to sell them, you can just declare whatever gender you want before selling them. If you lose them to a Curse, Bad Stuff, or theft, then you don't have a chance to declare something different and you will change to that gender. In either case, if that wasn't your gender when you started using Freudian Slippers, then you get the penalty to your next combat.

As for gender changing Curses, I say they change your pre-slippers sex, but per the text on Freudian Slippers, you don't suffer a penalty.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 03-29-2015 at 04:42 PM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
evikour

Thank you very much!
What about during a battle? Lets say I am female and I have the Freudian Slippers in play. If I draw a monster that has a bonus over female characters can I declare that I am now male?
evikour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:45 AM   #4
MunchkinMan

Since it doesn't say you can't do it during combat, you can.
MiB #1029
Old 04-04-2015, 08:51 AM   #5
DRaider_GR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Freudian Slippers allow you to appear whatever sex (male or female) that you want, but it's not a change. However, if you want to sell them, you can just declare whatever gender you want before selling them.
This is a little confusing. If we have to stay the last gender we declared after losing or selling them, isn't it a change? And what about if we are cursed with gender changing curse after losing/selling them and before our next combat? What will be our gender and do we suffer penalty? I know it's rare to happen, but it can happen.

Except if you mean that right after we lose them, no matter what was our last declare, we become the gender we had before starting using them, so everything would be clear in that case.

Last edited by DRaider_GR; 04-04-2015 at 09:07 AM.
DRaider_GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #6
MunchkinMan

It's not a change while you're wearing Freudian Slippers. What I said before was that if you sell them and don't switch back to your pre-Slippers gender when you sell them, you'll become the last gender you declared and will suffer the -5 penalty.
MiB #1029