Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:31 PM   #1
RedLeif508

Default GITD MINIS

Hi I don't plan on keeping many of my Glow in the dark minis in the unpainted condition. i've read here some people like them in the gitd format. So where can one go to set up such a trade? I don't want to sell them (so e-bay is out)I want to trade them with somoeone' non gitd models (red blue, green, grey, and a few black I'm not pickey about the plastic colour, unless its gitd)
I also don't want to run afoul of the OGRE GEv forum rules. Any ideas or clarifications would be appreciated.

Last edited by RedLeif508; 05-27-2020 at 09:33 PM. Reason: english usage errors
RedLeif508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:43 PM   #2
ParadoxGames

Default Re: GITD MINIS

You might want to try posting in the TRADING POST forum.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #3
RedLeif508

Thanks, I've got my links saved so I hardly ever look at any other sections of the forums.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:54 AM   #4
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeif508 View Post
Hi I don't plan on keeping many of my Glow in the dark minis in the unpainted condition. i've read here some people like them in the gitd format. So where can one go to set up such a trade? I don't want to sell them (so e-bay is out)I want to trade them with somoeone' non gitd models (red blue, green, grey, and a few black I'm not pickey about the plastic colour, unless its gitd)
I also don't want to run afoul of the OGRE GEv forum rules. Any ideas or clarifications would be appreciated.
Before you trade out too many you might look around and find the rules for the Ghost army they can be used for.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:36 PM   #5
RedLeif508

thank you for the suggestion. I still desire to trade them with someone who wants them
Old 06-11-2020, 10:40 AM   #6
RedLeif508

going once, going twice - I've heard nothing from anyone on the trading post site, nor anyone here seems to want them. So on Sunday the GEV-PC's will be cut off their sprews and converted to painted members of my Dragoon's battalion. I also want to make some sculpee parts to turn two of them into GEV Ambulances for a Bn medical section, The L-GEVs, LTs and the rest will begin to join their respective formations soon after.

BTW anyone know of a safe way to remove paint from plastic models? With metal I know 'easy off' will strip paint off pewter minis.
cheers,
Leif
Old 06-12-2020, 06:58 PM   #7
Desert Scribe

I've heard you can use rubbing alcohol to remove paint from plastic minis, but I've never tried it.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:06 PM   #8
sparky00

I've successfully used brake fluid to strip paint from plastic minis.

Also, I've used Pine-sol to remove paint from both metal & plastic.

I usually soak the mini for 10-15 minutes, then gently scrub with a soft toothbrush.

Stubborn spots may require a second soak.

Always test first with scrap, if possible.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 02:40 AM   #9
Zimzerveran

I"ve also used brake fluid successfully, but I'm kind of loathe to do so these days. I've seen isopropyl alcohol used by Stephen Beal to remove acrylic paint on Ogre plastic minis (see the MeWe group). Or, see this article about it: https://www.fauxhammer.com/tutorials...heap-and-easy/
Zimzerveran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 03:29 AM   #10
RogerBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Scribe View Post
I've heard you can use rubbing alcohol to remove paint from plastic minis, but I've never tried it.
One of the classics for this is original Dettol - a UK brand name of disinfectant containing Chloroxylenol and α-Terpineol. No idea whether this would be available in the US or under what name, sorry.
RogerBW is online now   Reply With Quote