Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 12-07-2018, 07:09 AM   #1
Allensh

Default Thrown Weapons talent

Does the +2 DX bonus from Thrown Weapons talent apply to thrown spells as well, since they are targeted the same way?
Allensh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:35 AM   #2
hcobb

Default Re: Thrown Weapons talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allensh View Post
Does the +2 DX bonus from Thrown Weapons talent apply to thrown spells as well, since they are targeted the same way?
No, thrown spells are not targeted the same way as they never have to roll to miss.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:08 AM   #3
larsdangly

There are several spells and talents that potentially apply to missile and thrown weapons, missile spells and, imaginably, thrown spells. As far as I can tell, in every instance missile spells are explicitly stated to follow rules more or less like missile weapons, but thrown spells are never said to follow rules more or less like thrown weapons (other than the basic range modifier).
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #4
platimus

Don't know what's official but my 2 cents...

If MW applies to missile spells, TW should apply to thrown spells. TBH, it seems downright odd that MW applies to spells but I recognize it as a way for casters to improve some spells. Not what I would have done though. I would allow up to 4 repeated investments in a spell. First investment, learns the spell. Second investment grants +1 IQ with the spell. Third, +2 IQ. Fourth, +3 IQ.