Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 06-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #11
Kirk

Default Re: Progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
Exactly, JLV. I don't know of any other way to get milk from a cow in the morning... unless you feed it the night before. So I am in for at least one file-copy of everything, if for no other reason than to say *thank you* for the 1977-1980 originals again; and to fund the future development of TFT Support Products for the benefit of those new TFT gamers who will be learning and enjoying TFT for the first time.

More than anything, I would like to see this thing of ours left better for the next TFT Adventure Party who will comes long - as they follow the trail of our dusty old footsteps through The Fantasy Trip.

JK
I feel much the same about most things I do, wanting to leave things *better* for whomever inherits whatever. Remember Gandalf's chat with someone, Frodo maybe, where he says there is enough evil in the day, all we can do is ensure ready and clean soil for the next chumps that show up and have to deal with it (heavily paraphrased).

But if SJ is the clever guy we all know he is, he'll put in a Hostelry spell (S), IQ 8, that provides the equivalent of a week's food, drink, and rest for 1 exhaustive strength point, making our old purchased copies outdated and outmoded, and so we will be forced to buy all new everything, or risk having our characters struggle in the wilderness and labyrinth alike, starving and dying like days gone past ;)
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:03 PM   #12
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

You forgot the hot showers and cable TV.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:09 PM   #13
JLV

Why...it's a KOC!!!! (Kampgrounds of Cidri)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:38 PM   #14
GlennDoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
You forgot the hot showers and cable TV.
Was just thinking how strange it is for TFT to be an evolving "current event" in my life again... up until 6 months ago, TFT was some relic that rarely came up on the web other than old posts and in my memories (and yellowing in my TFT storage box on the game shelf).

After having witnessed all of the rabid back n forth in these forums, it would be fun to hear Steve's perspective (when this is all done--perhaps part of a Designer's Notes 2.0) on this whole revival thing, and what it's been like reading the real-time feedback here as he preps TFT 2.0 (1.5?). I can't help but think it's a bit overwhelming to revisit his classic from so long ago, and carefully consider what things to tweak at risk of upsetting the TFT fanatics :)

I'm really looking forward to the final product :) NO PRESSURE! ;)
GlennDoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:41 PM   #15
GlennDoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennDoren View Post
I can't help but think it's a bit overwhelming to revisit his classic from so long ago, and carefully consider what things to tweak at risk of upsetting the TFT fanatics :)

I'm really looking forward to the final product :) NO PRESSURE! ;)
Just reminded me of Lucas releasing The Special Editions...
Old 06-03-2018, 11:16 PM   #16
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennDoren View Post
I can't help but think it's a bit overwhelming to revisit his classic from so long ago, and carefully consider what things to tweak at risk of upsetting the TFT fanatics :)
Fanatic? Fanatic... fa·nat·ic fəˈnadik/ noun: 1. a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme cause.

"Really... how daaaaare you Sir, I resemble that remark!" :D LOL

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 06-04-2018 at 12:00 AM.
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #17
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
Fanatic? Fanatic... fa·nat·ic fəˈnadik/ noun: 1. a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme cause.

"Really... how daaaaare you Sir, I resemble that remark!" :D LOL

JK
We might be called fanatics, if by that it means we are intelligent, clever, wise, and skilled gamers who recognized a quality game when we saw it, mourned its disappearance, and rejoice now that it has a chance to be re-discovered by phombies so that they can release their minds from infernal tech grip and begin to use their imaginations and develop basic mathematical, social, and planning skills instead of narcissistic imaging techniques. ;)
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:21 PM   #18
GlennDoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
We might be called fanatics, if by that it means we are intelligent, clever, wise, and skilled gamers who recognized a quality game when we saw it, mourned its disappearance, and rejoice now that it has a chance to be re-discovered by phombies so that they can release their minds from infernal tech grip and begin to use their imaginations and develop basic mathematical, social, and planning skills instead of narcissistic imaging techniques. ;)
Yep, that pretty much sums it up... ;)
Old 06-04-2018, 11:36 PM   #19
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
Well said, sir!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote