Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #701
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Longmont, CO
Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Several of Dr. Mist's personnel have been at ground zero for robberies or assaults by the Beatlemaniac, whose crimes fit just the sort of theme you'd expect.

MIST: "This has not been a good week for us. As much as I would like to discourage such actions, if anyone decided to give the Beatlemaniac a couple dozen kicks to the groin with steel-toe boots, I think I can look away."
__________________
“It's not railroading if you offer the PCs tickets and they stampede to the box office, waving their money. Metaphorically speaking”
--Elizabeth McCoy, In Nomine Line Editor

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #702
Dead Monky
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Midland, MI
Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

"I had triplets, but one got eaten by a wolf so you only have two kids left. Now pay up!"

In my Earthdawn game one of my players has an elf Swordmaster who's a bit of a man-whore and sleeps with anyone he can in every town, city, and village we go to. It's bad enough that we have a list of places we can't go back to without having to disguise him or sneak him in for fear of bastard children, irate ex-lovers, angry spouses, and ****** of parents chasing after him. In this case, he forgot about his last visit there. Much hilarity ensued as we were run out of town.
Dead Monky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #703
Phantasm
 
Phantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On the road again...
Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Monky View Post
"I had triplets, but one got eaten by a wolf so you only have two kids left. Now pay up!"

In my Earthdawn game one of my players has an elf Swordmaster who's a bit of a man-whore and sleeps with anyone he can in every town, city, and village we go to. It's bad enough that we have a list of places we can't go back to without having to disguise him or sneak him in for fear of bastard children, irate ex-lovers, angry spouses, and ****** of parents chasing after him. In this case, he forgot about his last visit there. Much hilarity ensued as we were run out of town.
*heh* Are they all with non-human or half-human mothers, by any chance? :)
__________________
"Life ... is an Oreo cookie." - J'onn J-onzz, 1991

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #704
Dead Monky
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Midland, MI
Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
*heh* Are they all with non-human or half-human mothers, by any chance? :)
Mostly human and elven. Though I think we decided at some point there was at least one produced with an ork mother after a particularly drunken bender.

Last edited by Dead Monky; 10-01-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Had to fix my omission. Bothered me.
Dead Monky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #705
Flyndaran
Untagged
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Forest Grove, Beaverton, Oregon
Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Monky View Post
Mostly human and elven. Though I think we decided at some point there was at least one produced after a particularly drunken bender.
... and that's where you came from, Chiron.
__________________
Beware, poor communication skills. No offense intended. If offended, it just means that I failed my writing skill check.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #706
William
 
William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Cartoon humor regarding the effects of this lifestyle in D&D: Slightly NSFW picture (omg boobies).

The kids in the drawing seem nice. I've always cherished the idea that he sweet-talked his way out of that entire situation and the lot of them are now good friends.

Last edited by William; 09-29-2012 at 11:16 AM.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #707
Phantasm
 
Phantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On the road again...
Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Cartoon humor regarding the effects of this lifestyle in D&D: Slightly NSFW picture (omg boobies).

The kids in the drawing seem nice. I've always cherished the idea that he sweet-talked his way out of that entire situation and the lot of them are now good friends.
Well, I've seen other pictures of that bard's family. It seems the women all get along - except maybe for his legitimate wife, the elf in his adventuring party, who is jealous the bard can boink anything except her! :)

And the kids all get along for the most part, it seems. :)
__________________
"Life ... is an Oreo cookie." - J'onn J-onzz, 1991

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #708
Bruno
 
Bruno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Well, I've seen other pictures of that bard's family. It seems the women all get along - except maybe for his legitimate wife, the elf in his adventuring party, who is jealous the bard can boink anything except her! :)

And the kids all get along for the most part, it seems. :)
The elf isn't his wife - he actually didn't even know she was female for the longest time. She's just horrified by the way he acts :)
__________________
All about Size Modifier; Unified Hit Location Table
A Wiki for my F2F Group
A neglected GURPS blog
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #709
digoraccoon
 
digoraccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Sycorax: "According to this, there were talks of a Transformers/DC Universe crossover. Even had an idea of Wonder Woman's invisible jet transforming into a robot. What do you think?"

DM: "Hmm... nope, can't see it."
__________________
Dungeon Master Digo
"I'm going to start rolling damage dice and then I'll let you know if Saving Throws even matter."

The Arbiters Conspiracy comics at its Fnordest.
digoraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #710
Ed the Coastie
 
Ed the Coastie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sierra Vista, Arizona
Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

My wife and I were playing AD&D 2e several years ago with several friends and the game had gone on pause while a couple of the guys made a run to the local Taco Bell. When they returned, they walked in on a conversation about riverboat gamblers in a hand-to-hand brawl with river pirates.

One of the returnees was pretty new to the group...it was only his second or third game with us. (He was the brother-in-law of one of my regulars and had recently moved back into town.) He listened for a moment and said,"Hey...that sounds like fun. Are all of our games like that?"

My wife looked at him and shook her head. "What game? That was Ed's bachelor party..."
__________________
"It's never to early to start beefing up your obituary." -- The Most Interesting Man in the World
Ed the Coastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
actual play, funny

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.