Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 01-22-2022, 04:47 PM   #31
InexplicableVic

Default Re: Invisible Helmets and Shots to the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald387 View Post
From a practical standpoint, a full-face helm that offers no eyeslits or other chinks would also be really unpleasant to breathe in, but I don't know that it would be much more unpleasant than any other full-face helm - I think worrying about that detail is below the resolution of the rules.

(If the way my glasses fog up in this age of masks and COVID is any indication, it might be harder to see in, too, but again - probably below the resolution of GURPS rules.)

That said, such a helmet is vulnerable to negation effects and low-mana zones - the wearer will be blind if something turns off their magic item!
One of these was found in Peter Dell'Orto's Felltower Campaign. It was worn by Baron Sterick. Vryce began wearing it--it had small breathing holes in various places; it did not fog up. It was lost when Vryce & Co. encountered a beholder leading to a near TPK (only Galen survived). And yes, Vryce had a real problem in the anti-magic cone. Such is the problem with invisible helms.

https://dungeonfantastic.blogspot.co...ltower-84.html
InexplicableVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:49 PM   #32
Balor Patch

Default Re: Invisible Helmets and Shots to the Eye

Is Fast-Draw (visor) a valid skill?
Balor Patch is offline   Reply With Quote