Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #31
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Pyramid #3/103: Setbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
The If I Had My Druthers solution would be to upgrade Warehouse 23 to be able to deliver one-or-many files PDFs from a single store item, w/out zipping. My CGI stores all handle this since products are often very large and CGI artists are often very poor and have crappy internet connections :)

Yes, I do know y'all just finished upgrading Warehouse 23. Just sayin' that would be perfection.

EDIT: To clarify the concept; I would e.g. buy Pyramid #3/103 and I would get two download links for it in my product list, with an identifying name for each one - formatted as sub-headers under the Pyramid #3/103 item. Other one-file items would retain current formatting.
Paizo does this with their store, FWIW.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:56 PM   #32
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Paizo does this with their store, FWIW.
So does Drive Through RPG, although they also have that "build your own ZIP file" system which is a bit odd.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #33
safisher
Gunnery Sergeant,
 Imperial Marines
Coauthor,
 GURPS High-Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Just a suggestion: Because our files are DRM-free, you can use a simple PDF editor (like PDFsam) to split, merge, etc., any issue of Pyramid. I do this regularly to make my own compilations for quick access (e.g., I have "Pyramid_Madness.pdf" containing every article that I use for my Madness Dossier game); it's very handy.
Oh yes, that's what I have done. It is handy to have those files stitched together as you need them. I don't object strongly to including the map, but if I had a choice, I'd rather not have it on there.
safisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:11 PM   #34
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by safisher View Post
Oh yes, that's what I have done. It is handy to have those files stitched together as you need them. I don't object strongly to including the map, but if I had a choice, I'd rather not have it on there.
Understandable. I split it off in my copy as well, so that my copy of Pyramid is one page shorter. At the same time, I appended the Designer's Notes and big map to my copy of Silk Road, so that it's all in one place.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:39 PM   #35
Captain Joy

Mad as Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Mad as Bones", p. 9
Aura of Madness (+460%): Stability Attack 1d (Always On, -40%; Area Effect, 16 yards, +200%; Aura, +80%; Melee Attack, Reach C, -30%; Mental Defense Only, +250%) [56]. Notes: Everyone within 16 yards of suffers 1d points of SP damage per second; this is reduced only by DR with Mental Resilience and Mind Shield. 31 points.
How does Melee Attack, Reach C work with Always On and Area Effect, 16 yards, and Aura?

Maybe give me an example of how the above would be used in game, and how the exact same ability without the Melee Attack limitation would be used in game, hi-lighting their differences.

Last edited by Captain Joy; 08-01-2017 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added heading.
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:33 PM   #36
Captain Joy

Monsters' Minions
Some errata(?) I came across in "Monsters' Minions"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrich von Rusdorf
Punch (13): 1d+1 crushing (with gauntlets). Reach C.
Kick (11): 1d+1 crushing (with sollerets). Reach C, 1.
I think Kick damage should be 1d+2. His ST 16’s thrust is 1d+1, and his sollerets surely allow for the same +1 to damage that boots would give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Smith
Large Knife (13)…
Skills: … Knife-12
Unless I'm missing something, these should either both be 12 or both be 13.

Also, not errata, but I was surprised how often the HT of minions was bumped above 10 and how many females had their ST bumped above 10. I presume this is to give uber competent monster hunters at least a modicum of excitement when engaging them?

Last edited by Captain Joy; 08-01-2017 at 10:22 PM. Reason: several minor word changes
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #37
Gnomasz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joy View Post
How does Melee Attack, Reach C work with Always On and Area Effect, 16 yards, and Aura?

Maybe give me an example of how the above would be used in game, and how the exact same ability without the Melee Attack limitation would be used in game, hi-lighting their differences.
It creates a permanent and constant damaging field/aura around the character. So anything that comes within 16 yards of it, takes damage (each turn, I guess). It's covered in the FAQ that it's the way you make this kind of ability.

You can't build it without the Melee Attack limitation, because it's required with the Aura enhancement. I guess it's just another way of making Aura +50% and saying "it includes Melee Attack, so don't take it again".
Old 07-30-2017, 05:32 PM   #38
Bruno

"Aura" makes the ability attack on its own, without you taking any special actions - ie as free actions. It makes an attack every time an enemy comes in contact with you (or enters/stays in the area of effect if you enhance it with Area of Effect) - this means its attacking on the enemy's turn(s).

Aura requires Melee Attack, rather than just making it cheaper, because this way every trait (advantage, enhancement, whatevs) that can't be taken with Melee Attack is still incompatible with Aura without having to use extra wording each and every time.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:36 PM   #39
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joy View Post
Also, not errata, but I was surprised how often the HT of minions was bumped above 10 and how many females had their ST bumped above 10. I presume this is to give uber competent monster hunters at least a modicum of excitement when engaging them?
Why is it that surprising? GURPS does not give women a ST penalty or ST 10 cap, and it does not give NPCs a HT penalty or HT 10 cap. The kinds of people who are going to be involved in physical conflict tend to be the kinds of people who are capable of it; it's a "natural selection in action" kinda thing. This applies as much to NPC goons as it does PCs. People who find themselves in physical conflict despite themselves (PCs included) make sense that they might have lower ST and HT, but they could just be 10s.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:09 AM   #40
Racer

Couple of UK players have got the downloads but not been charged for the them . Yet . Is this a bug ?
They're not registered on the Forum & didn't want to be penalized if they download future issues .
Might just be a UK specific problem - I'll post again if there's any change .

Tags
pyramid, pyramid 3/103